Power doors (keyless entry) and alarm

JTEarp

Reaction score
I have a question. I purchased my 95 GT about 9 months ago and the original owner did not mention if it had a remote for power locks or alarm. The other day I noticed what looks like a sensor under the trim below the steering wheel. I don't know if there is a way to determine if the car had a factory power lock (keyless entry)and alarm option or if this was part of an aftermarket keyless entry system. There is no additional horn under the hood that would be typical of an aftermarket alarm system. Let me know if these great cars had keyless entry and antitheft as a standard feature.

Thanks
James

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
They had keyless entry, and a 'panic' alarm, one of those cheap cheezy alarms that I really dont think is set off by sensors but can be by the remote, there was also a trunk popper on the remote.

OP
OP
J

JTEarp

Reaction score
Thanks for the information. I always knew that there should have been a remote. Does anybody have information other then getting some remotes like what the process might be to get them configured or programed?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
JTEarp said:
Thanks for the information. I always knew that there should have been a remote. Does anybody have information other then getting some remotes like what the process might be to get them configured or programed?

I had to get one for my cobra ( when I bought it 6 months ago it didn't come with one because the original owner lost them :-[) I got mine from the Ford dealer for 40 bucks and they programed it at no charge. He put the key in the ignition and did a sequence of turning the key on and off and hitting the buttons on the programmer, I was not sitting in the car with him but I was watching from the outside drivers area. You should be able to get one at your local blue oval dealer and have them program yours also.

OP
OP
J

JTEarp

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the info I see a set on ebay that I think might work. Am I correct in saying that the Mustangs came with these remotes as a standard. I know Matt94 wrote this earlier but the dealer did not seem to think I was right or maybe they did not understand.

Thanks
James

OP
OP
J

JTEarp

Reaction score
That is great news one more thing that I have for the GT that I did not have when I got it. I found a couple of remotes on ebay that say that they will work on the 94 - 95 Mustang and it has this number:

FCC ID: GQ43VT4T
DOC: 1470k763

Do you guys happen to know if this number matches any of your remotes? Let me know if it does.

Thanks
James

venom97

Reaction score
get into the trunk and pull the driver side panel off on the back if your car has the remote option it will have a box sitting in there if not then you dont have that option. my 96 gt didnt but my 95 does and thats how i found out. hope this helps

Stangbangin

Reaction score
hey i just reprogrammed a remote today its pretty easy. I have it posted in the how to section. it's pretty easy all you need is the remote and a jumper wire. It'll take 5 minutes promise super easy. Basically you pop the trim panel off the driver side in the trunk. You'll see a black box lookin thing. There a plug on it that isn't connected to anything else. Next Turn your ignition to the on/acc position. Get the jumper wire connect the two prongs on the plug and you'll hear the the door lock or unlock. Grab your remote and press either lock or unlock once or twice. It'll start to work you door locks. It also programs it to work your panic alarm and trunk too. Super easy. PM me if you have problems.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online