Power Programmer Questions

CCM Power

Reaction score
HI guys. I just joined this forum today. I was looking at power programmers but wanted to get some ideas from you guys as to what you think. I have a 96 GT with some mods(not a lot). I was wondering if the power programmers like Hypertech or Superchips do a good job of making the car run better overall or if they're just a waste of money. Opinions are welcome. Thanks! :)

nasmscott

Reaction score
I had a 97 with a few mods and put a Superchip in it. I couldn't tell much if any difference. Same thing with the bigger throttle body. Actually, I think it was slower, but that was before they made the plenums. I've had Hypertechs on a Lightning and trans-am (LS1) and I never felt it did much. I then used a super tuner on the Lightning and felt it made a noticable improvement.
My understanding is that these tuners don't work on the 96's (I have a 96 now), but the timing adjuster can make a difference. While you're in there might as well throw on some pulleys. Hope this helps.

S

scarface

I have a superchip with a dyno tune...ofcourse it made a difference. If you get a programmer you can change what needs to be changed yourself. If you dont feel a difference after that then its most likely programmer error.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I had a dyno tune with a diablo chip in my 98 and got 20rwhp from it :dancing6:

S

scarface

Beats me...I threw a bunch of parts at her. put a chip in and had it dynoed. Gained two hundred HP from base run to final run. :0 Although I think I was just a lil out of tune on the first one :) :) :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online