power steering delete 95 GT

junk racing

Reaction score
I am in the process of putting a tubular K-Member on my 95, i decided i would like to put a manual rack on the car aswell. My car has a D1 on it is there a way i can delete the pump? Thanks

95opal

Reaction score
I am in the process of putting a tubular K-Member on my 95, i decided i would like to put a manual rack on the car aswell. My car has a D1 on it is there a way i can delete the pump? Thanks

You can toss the pump, rack, cooler, rack and all the lines in the junk box and swap in a quick ratio manual rack and shaft from flaming river.
I just did this along with a manual brake set up in mine and from what you've posted your pretty much going the same route I did. Running just an ALT and blower, no ther ACC.. if you need any help just PM me.

SMOKEDYA

Reaction score

I would imagine you could delete the pump and just get a shorter belt? The s/c belt is separate from your serpentine isn't it?

Why would you...just call up flaming river they'll help ya out....

Why not? Better feel for the road a few pounds off the front end,less clutter,really isn't much more difficult to turn while in motion and isn't bad sitting still. Unles you have olive oyl arms....... I deleted mine on my fox and I say go for it!

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
olive oyl arms

Oliveoyl_2739.jpg

Seriously though, what smokedya said said is true (less clutter, etc). The reason I'm still running p/s is because I rock 275s up front and would be ridiculous to turn at slow speed. When I get 245s on then I think I'll be getting rid of it.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
I would imagine you could delete the pump and just get a shorter belt? The s/c belt is separate from your serpentine isn't it?

Why not? Better feel for the road a few pounds off the front end,less clutter,really isn't much more difficult to turn while in motion and isn't bad sitting still. Unles you have olive oyl arms....... I deleted mine on my fox and I say go for it!

It all depends on his main goal. Being a Street friendly car i would say stick with it.... Opal suggested calling flaming river just like i did.

I never had power steering in my MR2's and at a dead stand still its not the easiest yet not the hardest to turn.

OP
OP
J

junk racing

Reaction score
No, the belt is part of the accesories. I have to switch to the earlier fox brackets to have a dedicated drive for the blower. As for the power steering its something i dont need and plus trying to lighten this heavy turd up some 5's in the 1/8 is real close

Reaction score
I made a beacket for a ps delete out of my ps pump.ill post up a pic when I get a chance.can even use same belt.

Addermk2

Reaction score
I made a beacket for a ps delete out of my ps pump.ill post up a pic when I get a chance.can even use same belt.

Not really necessary in our cars. I pulled the whole p/s bracket off the car and ran just a short belt. 445k6. Alt/wp/crank/tensioner... And that's it.

Brandon123

Reaction score
If your car is close to 5's then you have plenty of money in it already.. don't half ass it.. buy the flaming river kit with the right steering shaft and call it a day

OP
OP
J

junk racing

Reaction score
I'm not worried about money, and I'm putting it on I just worry about fitment issues as my procharger runs off a single belt

Brandon123

Reaction score
If it fits with the stock rack and pinion then you shouldn't have any problem with the flaming river one, its slimmer than the original. Just make sure you get the right steering shaft for the sn95, they're different then the foxbodys. And more expensive.. I don't get it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online