power steering delete 95 GT

Discussion in '94-95 5.0 - Specific' started by junk racing, Dec 12, 2013.

1. junk racing

junk racing New Member

I am in the process of putting a tubular K-Member on my 95, i decided i would like to put a manual rack on the car aswell. My car has a D1 on it is there a way i can delete the pump? Thanks

2. Win

Win Legend

Why would you...just call up flaming river they'll help ya out....

3. 95opal

95opal Well-Known Member

You can toss the pump, rack, cooler, rack and all the lines in the junk box and swap in a quick ratio manual rack and shaft from flaming river.
    I just did this along with a manual brake set up in mine and from what you've posted your pretty much going the same route I did. Running just an ALT and blower, no ther ACC.. if you need any help just PM me.

4. SMOKEDYA

SMOKEDYA Active Member

I would imagine you could delete the pump and just get a shorter belt? The s/c belt is separate from your serpentine isn't it?

Why not? Better feel for the road a few pounds off the front end,less clutter,really isn't much more difficult to turn while in motion and isn't bad sitting still. Unles you have olive oyl arms....... I deleted mine on my fox and I say go for it!

5. whiplash473

whiplash473 Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

[​IMG]

Seriously though, what smokedya said said is true (less clutter, etc). The reason I'm still running p/s is because I rock 275s up front and would be ridiculous to turn at slow speed. When I get 245s on then I think I'll be getting rid of it.

6. Win

Win Legend

It all depends on his main goal. Being a Street friendly car i would say stick with it.... Opal suggested calling flaming river just like i did.

I never had power steering in my MR2's and at a dead stand still its not the easiest yet not the hardest to turn.

7. junk racing

junk racing New Member

No, the belt is part of the accesories. I have to switch to the earlier fox brackets to have a dedicated drive for the blower. As for the power steering its something i dont need and plus trying to lighten this heavy turd up some 5's in the 1/8 is real close

8. Addermk2

Addermk2 Well-Known Member

i hated my car with manual steering...

9. TheDeafElectrician

TheDeafElectrician Member

I made a beacket for a ps delete out of my ps pump.ill post up a pic when I get a chance.can even use same belt.

10. Addermk2

Addermk2 Well-Known Member

Not really necessary in our cars. I pulled the whole p/s bracket off the car and ran just a short belt. 445k6. Alt/wp/crank/tensioner... And that's it.

11. Brandon123

Brandon123 New Member

If your car is close to 5's then you have plenty of money in it already.. don't half ass it.. buy the flaming river kit with the right steering shaft and call it a day

12. junk racing

junk racing New Member

I'm not worried about money, and I'm putting it on I just worry about fitment issues as my procharger runs off a single belt

13. Brandon123

Brandon123 New Member

If it fits with the stock rack and pinion then you shouldn't have any problem with the flaming river one, its slimmer than the original. Just make sure you get the right steering shaft for the sn95, they're different then the foxbodys. And more expensive.. I don't get it