Power Steering Pump threads

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ylw95gts, May 19, 2006.

1. ylw95gts

ylw95gts Member

I cannot get a bolt threaded into the center shaft on my PS pump to press my pulley back on :rant:. It is very aggravating as I am finishing up everything else. I've been through 2 pulley pullers (stripped threads on them both) and I bought a tap last night to try and chase the threads. Yeah, wishful thinking! :nonono: Stripped that too!! What the F am I gonna do?

2. Matt94GT

Matt94GT Legend SN95 Supporter Retired Staff

Im the king of stipping shit too...I know how much of a piss off it can be. You really just gotta take your time man, take some breaks. Wish I could give you some advice...

3. ylw95gts

ylw95gts Member

Bought the tap. Went at it a little at a time. Finally decide to bite in a little more and SNAP! :rant: Broke the tap right in the shaft! So, that solved that problem in a hurry. I realize I now need a new pump. But do you think the pulley that is only about 1/4 of the way on wants to come off easy? Of course not! Tap tap tap with a rubber mallet. Nothing. Tap a little harder. Not budging. Now I'm getting really pissed! Tap tap tap. Nothing. Pick up 2 pound sledge. I got it off all right! Come inside, order reman. PS pump and one billet aluminum pulley. Problem solved!