Power Steering Rack Removal Issues.....

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I am trying Remove my Front control Arms to replace them with new 03/04 cobra arms but i cannot remove the front Control Arm-to-K-member bolt because the power steering rack is in the way. I removed the 2 bolts holding the steering rack to the K-Member but it still wont pull forward....what do i need to do to make the rack move forward. I have taken the bolt almost all the way out but the steering rack is blocking its way comming out. Is something else holding the rack on? Do i need to remove the hoses to the power steering pump?

...help.... :-\

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Pull the bolts for the steering rack all the way out. Disconnect the outer tie rod ends from the spindles. Disconnect the steering shaft from the steering rack. Use a pry bar and gently pry the steering rack forward far enough to pull the bolts out.

OP
OP
S

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i got the bitch off. I had everything removed even the steering connection but it was stuck to the steering...just used a pry bar and pryed at it after drinking some beer

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
What do you mean "even the steering connection"? What was stuck?

OP
OP
S

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Paul said:
What do you mean "even the steering connection"? What was stuck?

access to the control arm bolt was blocked by the steering rack boot. So i removed the 2 bolts that hold the rack to the K-member and the 13mm bolt to the steering shaft but the bitch still wouldnt remove all the way. the connecting between the steerring shaft and the rack was rusted together and stuck. I just used a pry bar to pry the rack forward enough to access the bolt.

Brute strength FTW

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online