Power Steering

RyanCess

Reaction score
Hey guys my Mustang has been making noise while steering and after some research I have concluded that my power steering fluid is bad. Instead of draining all the old fluid and putting in new fluid, I read that one could use an alternative method by using a syringe to suck the existing power fluid out of the reservoir and putting new fluid in then drive around for a bit until the fluid looks bad again and repeat the process until all the fluid is replaced with new fluid. Have any of you done this? Is this a good idea?

wmfateam

Reaction score
That is kind of how a power flush is done, except with a machine to suck out the old and pump new in. You can suck out old, pour in new, then turn the wheel back and forth with the front end on jack stands and repeat repeat repeat. But how did you conclude it is the fluid? How is the level?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

RyanCess

Reaction score
That is kind of how a power flush is done, except with a machine to suck out the old and pump new in. You can suck out old, pour in new, then turn the wheel back and forth with the front end on jack stands and repeat repeat repeat. But how did you conclude it is the fluid? How is the level?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The level is where its supposed to be but the fluid is black.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online

No members online now.