power window motor bushing rebuild?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
When I had everything apart for paint I decided it would be a good idea to swap the power window regulators since they were old and easy to get to at the time. The aftermarket doorman I think it was goes up SUPER slow. Sometimes I have to help it up. I have greased the tracks, double checked everything is aligned but it seems like the motors just to not have enough torque to get them up. I kept the old ones and I am thinking about trying one back out to see if it works but I would like to replace the bushings. Has anyone done this and have a link to the parts? I can find a few different years/makes and models but nothing listed for our cars.

07GtS197

Reaction score
Are you referring to the cylindrical plastic bushings that go around the motor gear? If so I swapped some on a crown vic a few years back and I think I got them off rock auto. I’m not sure its the same or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Honestly, this is one of the, “if it’s not broke don’t fix it” things. The factory equipment is such better quality. It doesn’t really help to swap them out until they are bad.

01yellercobra

Reaction score
You might've gotten a bad set. I replaced the driver side motor in my car and it's a lot faster than the original in the passenger door.

Werecow

Reaction score
I remember seeing a YouTube from LMR about the window tracs wearing goofy or having something bad in the design or something like that, I can't remember, but they have some kind of kit to repair/replace the linkage and Trac assembly for the windows. It was something about the way they wear it get all bound up maybe?? I may be waaaaaaaaayyyy off base but maybe this will help??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online

No members online now.