powerdyne question

W

WODY281

Hey anybody got any numbers for a powerdyne supercharger on the 96-98s? I've heard both good and bad stuff about them. (mainly bad) I know the bearings are bad about going out. But I was reading on powerdyne.com and they offer a 3 year warranty. Thats not bad if they would stand behind it. Also I was wondering what kind of gains you would see vs an S-trim or something like that. I know the S-trim is probably better, but damn you can pick up a powerdyne for a little bit of nothing!

GaryG

Reaction score
cheaper isnt always better...i say go for a ProCharger an be done w/ it...jmho

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Powerdyne is an ok cheap blower if your not looking for big hp...the blower kit was not redesigned for the 96up so the inlet/outlet piping are not the best flowing and it kinda looks like crap in there. . I would expect about 280rwhp with a basicaly stock 96-98 with 8psi. For about the same $$ you can do the Ford Racing roots blower and replace the crappy intake at the same time.

The Vortech for a few hundred more is definately a much better option.

OP
OP
W

WODY281

Thats not to bad of a gain considering those gt's. Thats right at a 100 hp gain isn't it? I wonder what it would do on a P.I. swapped GT?

GaryG

Reaction score
WODY281- idk what type of engine set up u have, but if r still using stock internals, id do go w/ a ProCharger P1SC, if u have forged internals u could most likely take it up a notch to the D1SC

Spyder

Reaction score
I would not recommend the powerdyne.

I have done quite a bit of research on those blowers, and they have a pretty bad history of the bearings failing and shredding the kevlar belt.

It does this because they are not internally oiled like damn near every other blower. The rely on backing those bearings with grease, but when it gets hot the grease will burn off and then they will start to seize.

If i were you, i would just wait until tad gets the rotrex kit for your car, then slap that on and have a blast.

OP
OP
W

WODY281

Yeah man I love the prochargers but the price is freakin high! Does any body know a place that has a good price on superchargers?

GaryG

Reaction score
i have a friend that use to work at ProCharger, and if ur interested, he could possibly get u an excellent deal on 1

OP
OP
W

WODY281

Yeah man I apreciate that. I would like to get a tuner kit!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online