Powerstop Brake NIGHTMARE

kenny150r

Reaction score
Are you kidding me?

So I orders a Powerstop rotor/pad kit of amazon (the z23 kit). I opened it up and one of the rotors just wasn't machined correctly... I honestly have no clue how they got this past their QA:

c6cf8239ca350f079b47a6bba8f28624.jpg

9b3ab205a2a372691ca267bf125152ff.jpg

So I called and had them send me a replacement rotor. I had to wait 7 days for the replacement to get here, and carrying the box I noticed it seemed too light... Sure enough they sent me the wrong rotor!!

04fd012aa8ab60444f11557110ecf157.jpg

I should have had these darn brakes broken in by now!! Now I have to wait another week... Such BS.

OP
OP
K

kenny150r

Reaction score
Also, Powerstop stated that the slots in the rotors should point in the same direction as the direction of rotation, but a lot of others say that the slots should go the other way. Is there a correct direction for these slots?

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I put powerstop rotors on my truck and didn't have good luck either. The ABS rings were completely different for what my factory ones were and it activated ABS every time I hit the brakes. Hopefully things work out for u man, just check out the rotors compared to stock before installing both sides

lutter94

Reaction score
I've had good luck with mine, both the fusion and mustang. Here's a pic of slot orientation...

11009989_10100468492150936_6406803423083208600_n.jpg

slow90coupe

Reaction score
I put on powerstop pads/rotors on a daily basis and a screwup is very rare compared to other brands. Their stuff is cheap, good, and doesn't dust so it's the best stuff out there IMO. I have their rotors and pads on my car with no issues as well.

OP
OP
K

kenny150r

Reaction score
So I got my SECOND replacement again... And guess what it doesn't match again. Why is it so hard to get two matching rotors?!?!

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Chinese rotors are always full of fail like this. I've got a set of rotors I've ordered from Centric. When I was resurfacing them a little while back, I've noticed that the center part where the cooling veins are, is not aligned. As the rotor rotated on the lathe, I could see the center section go up and down in height. I could not believe what I was seeing. Talk about poor balance of the rotor. Funny thing is, it was not noticeable at all in the car.

OP
OP
K

kenny150r

Reaction score
One has 5 drilled holes, one only has 3, the slotting pattern is different as well.

OP
OP
K

kenny150r

Reaction score
Do you happen to know of any good brands made in the USA? I'm at the point where I might just demand my money back.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Do you happen to know of any good brands made in the USA? I'm at the point where I might just demand my money back.

I don't think anyone makes rotors in US anymore. I think DBA casts their in Australia, supposed to be pretty good, but definitely not cheap. I'm not sure where Brembo does theirs. Stop Tech rotors are manufactured by Centric, so still chinese parts.

OP
OP
K

kenny150r

Reaction score
So are mine wrong too?

No, yours are correct. The front pair are mirrored for yours, however the pass. front they sent me is much different than the pass. right.

Anyways, they finally sent just a pair and they are both matching, so after a solid month I am finally set!

lutter94

Reaction score
No, yours are correct. The front pair are mirrored for yours, however the pass. front they sent me is much different than the pass. right.

Anyways, they finally sent just a pair and they are both matching, so after a solid month I am finally set!

oh ok, sorry if I came off "dickish". Thought you were talking about front to back. Glad you're set! I really like em, seem like they bite pretty hard.

OP
OP
K

kenny150r

Reaction score
oh ok, sorry if I came off "dickish". Thought you were talking about front to back. Glad you're set! I really like em, seem like they bite pretty hard.
No you're fine! By the way, how did you get your caliper pin in? I think something is wrong with mine... I can't get it in easily...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

lutter94

Reaction score
Its a problem everyone suffers from time to time.

Now as for brake caliper pins, I don't think I had any problems, just stick the one side in first, then it rocks into the bracket, and shove the pin thru. Wish I had the car in front of me.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online