prefab rollcages

mike stevens

Reaction score
Anybody with experience of using rollcages already made? such as from Kirk, Auto Power, or anybody else.
I'm converting my 95 GT to roadracing. Looking at options.

Mike

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
@ReplicaR has the Maximum Motorsport roll bar and will chime in when he sees this..

I also have their roll bar but it wont be installed until next month.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
@ReplicaR has the Maximum Motorsport roll bar and will chime in when he sees this..

I also have their roll bar but it wont be installed until next month.

I actually don't have their rollbar. Mine is a custom TIG-welded piece, that's nice and snug up against the roof and side panels. I couldn't remove my interior, even if I wanted to. Regarding MM roll bars, I think @B.mad has it in his car. I remember being not too impressed by it. It's better than auto-power, but not significantly.

TrickVert

Reaction score
I keep toying with the idea of installing one in mine and was looking at one by *that* company so I could take it to the track once in awhile. I just don't know if I want to live with it daily, though. I know there are bolt-ins, but I just don't see them as R&R friendly. Am I wrong?

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I keep toying with the idea of installing one in mine and was looking at one by *that* company so I could take it to the track once in awhile. I just don't know if I want to live with it daily, though. I know there are bolt-ins, but I just don't see them as R&R friendly. Am I wrong?

It would offer some protection but nothing would compare to a welded in bar.

TORCH

Reaction score
What size tubing (wall and kind=Dom or cromemoley) are you all running.
According to NASA weight of car determines the size if you race with them.

badass98svt

Reaction score
I had the Kenny Brown street cage in an old SN95 I had. 6 pt bolut-in, with very low door bars. It was definitely not obtrusive.
I really liked my street cage....
Until I got rear-ended at 50mph and split my head open on the main bar. I had my seat belt on, but I slid right up the seat and smashed my head off the padding on the bar that I had added for "Safety".

I would not advise a cage for any street car other than maybe a vert.

TORCH

Reaction score
DAM!!! sorry but that is kinda of funny. This is a Nasa specific build so I'm moving the controls back about 6" to 12" with a 5point.
So hope that doesn't happen to me. I will post the roll bar install on my build.

Reaction score
get something custom built if youre serious about racing

dont waste your time with something "off the shelf"

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online

No members online now.