Problem with S281 spoiler??

zippy94

Reaction score
I just bought a S281 spoiler for my 94, There is only two premolded threads in front two factory locatiom. NO wear I can mount it in the back locations. I am seeing this right, IT is a authintic saleen spoiler from Downs Ford. Made of urethane. It was supplied with 5 allen head bolts and 5 washers. PLEASE HELP!!

Tabres

Reaction score
Yep. That's correct. The new(er) S281 wings only come with two mounting points and you're supposed to use double sided tape on the back of it.

However, if you're like me, you think that is very cheap and retarded. Early this past summer I made my S281 into a 4 bolt version... after everyone told me it couldn't be done.

Here's the thread I started on SVTPerformance....

http://svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188515

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Tabres said:
Yep. That's correct. The new(er) S281 wings only come with two mounting points and you're supposed to use double sided tape on the back of it.

However, if you're like me, you think that is very cheap and retarded. Early this past summer I made my S281 into a 4 bolt version... after everyone told me it couldn't be done.

good link

OP
OP
Z

zippy94

Reaction score
I think I am going to try putting block under the spoiler. Double sided tape can be my second route to take.
THAnkx Guys!!!

Redstallion

Reaction score
Tabres said:

Hey i was wondering this since Im thinking of getting one, do the 4 bolts just screw into the existing holes from the factory? Isnt there 4 bolts holding the factory spoiler in? Or do you have to drill?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Redstallion said:
Tabres said:

Hey i was wondering this since Im thinking of getting one, do the 4 bolts just screw into the existing holes from the factory? Isnt there 4 bolts holding the factory spoiler in? Or do you have to drill?

I think so, 4 bolt holes that are in the same location as the stock ones.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
I thought it was 2 then double sided tape?! im so confuised now lol.

damn, I dont know for sure, Im going to move mine back on my cobra so Ill see how many holds in on, I always thought it was two in front and two in back. Seems thats what was on my 98, but that was about 6 years ago that I swaped wings on it so my memory is a little fuzzy on that.

Tabres

Reaction score
The factory spoiler uses 4 bolts. You don't have to drill new holes, you however may have to extend the pre-existing ones as I did... shown in the link to my post on SVTPerformance.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That's awsome, I have the same spoiler, and was wondering about the fitment.
I'm gonna do the same thing - hope you dont mind.

Good link, thatnks for the info on your thread.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010