Problems with BBK 65 MM TB

1BAD96SVT

Reaction score
Well a couple days ago i recharged my k&n filter at this time i also used stp trottle body and intake cleaner since i had my c&l off anyway, reassembled everything pain in the :ass3: strut tower brace. started the car up and noticed that my idle was stuck around 1500rpms-(2000rpms when driving) also my check engine light was on, took it to my mechanic he pulled the codes and my tps sensor was bad which i though was very werid for a car with only 17,000 miles,but anyways it was still hanging he looked into it more and told me that my trottle body was getting stuck so he took it off and cleaned it, its alot better now but i notice it still hangs somtimes, he reccomended i put the stock one back on since this one was on the car when i bought it, anyone els have a problem like this should i buy a new tb..?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
from what I have read a TB on a Cobra is pretty much a waste of money so I have never gotten one myself :dunno: I would say a TPS prob maybe :dunno: :dunno:

OP
OP

1BAD96SVT

Reaction score
That what i though and that was bad so i had it replaced which i though was odd because my car has such low miles but it was still doing it the mechanic told me it was the aftermarket throttle body..so im looking into buying a stock one and putting it on

blackfang

Reaction score
I hope this is the TWIN 65mm throttle body instead of a 65mm TB(which is for the 302 and T bird w/ 3.8)

However a TB doesnt really help increase hp until you are full mods with a power adder.

OP
OP

1BAD96SVT

Reaction score
blackfang said:
I hope this is the TWIN 65mm throttle body instead of a 65mm TB(which is for the 302 and T bird w/ 3.8)

However a TB doesnt really help increase hp until you are full mods with a power adder.

Yes its the twin, it was on the car when i bought it.. i think im just going to pick a stock one up on ebay

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
that would be your best bet.. buy the stock one for now.. you dont need an aftermarket one until you go FI.. even then it can handle it pretty well, also u wont need a new MAF until FI and putting out some nice power....

so go back to stock and i think ur car might run better

OP
OP

1BAD96SVT

Reaction score
Will a stock trottle body off a 99+2001 cobra fit mine..

TheBab

Reaction score
I got the stocker on my 98..

Interested?

PM me

OP
OP

1BAD96SVT

Reaction score
gotcha ya thanks, do you buy any chance no if a stock 01 cobra throttle body would fit my 96..?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online