Procharged 96 idle issue

96chargedcobra

Reaction score
So the car has had a weird idle issue since I bought it. When ideling it revs up and down, up and down. It used to die sometimes too. It has an old pro-flow MAF sensor.. I've heard other mustangs having this issue as well. Do I need to upgrade MAF or is it the calibration of the pro-flow?

kb1982

Reaction score
Unplug the MAF and see if it clears up. That will let you knoiw if thats the issue or not.

2002BLGT

Reaction score
Since its a procharger I am assuming its a blow thru MAF setup ? Where is the MAF located in the system ? any sharp bends before or after the meter ? post pics if you can , sounds like turbulence causing the MAF signal to bounce , best way to fix this is a HPX slot meter in the middle of a 12 inch or longer piece of straight piping and retune with that setup and make sure you maf is after the intercooler and the blow off valve is before the intercooler

OP
OP

96chargedcobra

Reaction score
Since its a procharger I am assuming its a blow thru MAF setup ? Where is the MAF located in the system ? any sharp bends before or after the meter ? post pics if you can , sounds like turbulence causing the MAF signal to bounce , best way to fix this is a HPX slot meter in the middle of a 12 inch or longer piece of straight piping and retune with that setup and make sure you maf is after the intercooler and the blow off valve is before the intercooler
It's a pro-m

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online