Procharger BOV

Whistler98

Reaction score
The one that came with my p1sc sounds like that. I didn't think it was that loud, although my exhaust is really loud so nothing seems loud on the car lol. It makes that Identical sound though.

S

scarface

can you vent with the procharger? Mine doesnt do very well when I vent.

ripper

Reaction score
Mine use to sound like that. Now i have an enclosed system. The bov that came with my procharger was located right after the intercooler and would blow dust and dirt everywere under the car. Now it blows back into my powerpipe. Here is a pic the bov is the blue thing on left side of motor. Its a vortech. All my piping was fabed out of billet aluminum and painted. I was told enclosed systems are better.

[attachment deleted by admin]

S

scarface

p1 doesnt require you to return air back to the intake? Where is the MAF located that allows you to vent?

ripper

Reaction score
Does your IAC tube come off of your powerpipe or after the s/c?

S

scarface

its after the Supercharger, as you can see from the pic. THe BOV is on the pipe directly after the supecharger also.
mustang008.jpg

ripper

Reaction score
Maybe the difference is my intercooler. Mine is before the s/c. It use to idle way to high so we knocked 35% off the IAC and it idles nice now.

S

scarface

Daywalker said:
Anyone know what the max HP/PSI for the HKS SSQV? :dunno:
there is none. the valve is held closed by boost. THat is the appeal of the Hks SSQV, it wont leak boost.

OP
OP
D

Daywalker

Reaction score
There was a post on modularfords.com where a guy walk talkin about mounting the BOV a few inches after the blower, and then mounting the MAF really close to the TB after the intercooler. I wanna do this, but I don't know how if the HKS SSQV would be a good choice with this setup. Also, does the SSQV come with it's own flange so I could have it put onto the pipe? Or would I have to have one manufactured? :dunno: Scarface, how is yours setup exactly? :help2:

S

scarface

on my Charge pipe was a nipple for the bypass valve. I bought an HKS flange and put a 1inch piece of 1inch hose between the flange and the nipple. That connected the HKS to the car. Install a vacuume source to the line on the top and you are set.

Now you are talking about a blow through MAF. that puts the MAF behind the blower and the blow off valve. it allows you to vent air BEfore it gets metered by the MAF.

It is difficult to tune, but Fun afterwards :)

scootin95gts

Reaction score
hey guys i got a 95 5.0 and im thinking about a charger but dont know what to get for the money?kb flow/blow,vortech t-trim or procharger. and is procharger the only one with bov cuz i didnt think superchargers came with them

S

scarface

procharger is a suprcharger. Thats just the brand name. All superchagers should run a bypass valve, however I think procharger is the only one that comes with a BOV. You can run a BOV on any of them though. The tuner will just need to tune it to vent.

scootin95gts

Reaction score
yah i knew procharger was a supercharger i must of messed up what i typed,but i never knew a supercharger could run a BOV and for that news im looking towards a vortech now!!! much faster would my 5.0 with full bolt ones do against a 2004gt with full boltons except for the fact that i have a Vortech on it?

S

scarface

I ran a HKS SSQV on my 97 gt with a paxon novi 1k. It would be alot faster than a bolt on 04gt.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online