Procharger on a 98 GT

kaveman

Reaction score
Hey all,

Been a while since my last post on here. I just purchased a P-1SC kit along with a couple other supporting mods to get a nice late winter project going.

I was doing a little forum searching and couldn't seem to find anything relating to the system on the 4.6 sn's. I apologize in advance if I overlooked any posts, but it would be great to get a little feedback from you guys with some Procharger experience (or maybe a link to a post that I missed).

As always, thanks for the help!

-Calvin

torch318

Reaction score
What supporting mods did you pick up? What do you want to know?

OP
OP
kaveman

kaveman

Reaction score
What supporting mods did you pick up? What do you want to know?

I picked up a fluidyne radiator, an aluminum driveshaft, a 75mm tb when the Procharger was bought and I'm working on getting a plenum.

The car has about 135,000 on it and still drives perfectly. With that being said I was planning on running around 6-7lbs just to keep everything safe.

Other than the basics, I am extremely new to the boosted world. I was just looking to get some feedback from other people who have used the system. I see a lot of stuff on here about the Vortech systems but not so much about the Procharger systems.

Of course it's a little too late to change my choice now but any information about what I should be expecting, looking out for, aware of, etc would be much appreciated.

DavidBoren

Reaction score
With moderate boost levels you should be ok, and you don't need to worry about an intercooler (yet). Keep the boost below 9psi for now... and for as long as you are using a shortblock with 135k on the clock.

Install the blower and get a good dyno tune, work all the little bugs out.

Drive it like that as you save up for a forged rotating assembly and an intercooler. Then crank up the boost, and enjoy.

torch318

Reaction score
You'll also need fuel injectors, fuel pump upgrade or a boost a pump, maf, you can get a hardware kit from procharger if you didn't receive all the bolts. Change the oil on the headunit before installing it. The biggest problem I had was with belt alignment and throwing the belt after I went with a smaller pulley. On my car shimming the headunit according to the manual wasn't right and alignment was off so it would throw the belt when I was driving hard.

OP
OP
kaveman

kaveman

Reaction score
Install the blower and get a good dyno tune, work all the little bugs out.

Drive it like that as you save up for a forged rotating assembly and an intercooler. Then crank up the boost, and enjoy.

I found a pretty decent shop down in Blaine, MN. Ray will be doing a full dyno tune after I get everything installed. Nice to know I wont need to worry too much about over heating. It's a daily driver during the warmer months so a hot engine would not be good.

Thanks for the info.

You'll also need fuel injectors, fuel pump upgrade or a boost a pump, maf, you can get a hardware kit from procharger if you didn't receive all the bolts. Change the oil on the headunit before installing it. The biggest problem I had was with belt alignment and throwing the belt after I went with a smaller pulley. On my car shimming the headunit according to the manual wasn't right and alignment was off so it would throw the belt when I was driving hard.

I purchased the Procharger as a complete kit so I am assuming all of the fuel system parts will be included. If not, I wont be cutting any corners on the parts.
I will definitely keep an eye out for any alignment issues though.

Thanks!

Ballistic

Reaction score
Any updates on your build Kaveman? Pictures? Trying to get ideas for mine..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online