Procharger P1SC on stock bottom end?

Pennywise2

Reaction score
What do you guys that already have superchargers on
your 96-98 GT's think? Do you think that a stock engine
with 50K miles will hold up running a Procharger P1SC with
a good tune? Has anyone here damaged a pistion/s or
thrown a rod through their block under boost?
I am think of getting a build shortblock before my Procharger
go's on.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
it should be fine as long as you dont run too much boost and get a good tune...i dont see you going over 400 with it, which is where the 4.6 starts to come apart....

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
you'll be fine...nowhere close to 400rwhp with just the blower though...i suggest doing a PI intake and some blower cams, intercooler, bolt ons...that should get you close if 400rwhp is your goal

ripper

Reaction score
I ran 12lbs for a year on my stock non pi motor street drivin. Then i started going to the track were it gets hit hard. Third trip i stretched a piston and blew the motor. I had the new motor ready to go in so we tuned it borderline and ran it friggin hard and boom. I would say on a stock lower with a conservative tune and 10 or less lbs and street driving you will be fine. Oh my mistake i added an anderson powerpipe so i was at like 14lbs. Those stock romeo 2v are stronger than you think. Just dont go crazy with the boost and get a good tune and you will be fine. Procharger is a good s/c i have no complaints. If you can get the forged shortblock first do it. Then you can run lots of boost with no worries. Well less worries lol.

Remember tune is key you MUST get a good tune.

98vortech

Reaction score
i had 8 lbs with a vortech and a tune on the stock motor and after 3000 miles the pistons were shattered...good luck

S

scarface

TUNE TUNE TUNE...but it has to be done by a GREAT tuner. Just because it was "tuned" doesnt mean it was a good tune. It should hold fine if it is done right.

98vortech

Reaction score
yep like scarface said TUNE TUNE TUNE!!!!! :dancing6: :dancing6:

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
19mustang95 said:
it should be fine as long as you dont run too much boost and get a good tune...i dont see you going over 400 with it, which is where the 4.6 starts to come apart....

blown97stanger said:
you'll be fine...nowhere close to 400rwhp with just the blower though...i suggest doing a PI intake and some blower cams, intercooler, bolt ons...that should get you close if 400rwhp is your goal

I agree :thumb:

Daywalker

Reaction score
I'm considering the same option actually, and have officially subscribed to this thread. But before slappin the blower on, I plan on doing the Livernios PI intake swap, and maybe some PI cams. I was wondering, does Vortech make 6# pullies? I was gonna run 6psi, and a Snow boost cooler to bring me back up around 8psi. Anyone think this would be a good way to go? Why or why not? ???

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Daywalker said:
I'm considering the same option actually, and have officially subscribed to this thread. But before slappin the blower on, I plan on doing the Livernios PI intake swap, and maybe some PI cams. I was wondering, does Vortech make 6# pullies? I was gonna run 6psi, and a Snow boost cooler to bring me back up around 8psi. Anyone think this would be a good way to go? Why or why not? ???

It's a gain, so yes. And saves you some money.
The Snow kit is great, especially on non-intercooled kits.

Cam's are a big help on the NPI's, not as good as the Headswap, but better than stockers. :)

OP
OP
P

Pennywise2

Reaction score
Daywalker said:
You mite as well go with the 8 psi. Vortech S or SQ trim.
Just plan on getting a decent tune.
The Snow boost cooler works excellent and will help stop
detonation before it happens.Don't be worried about the boost psi.
you are running be worried about detonation because it WILL kill your engine fast.
I decided I am going to wait on the Procharger P1SC because I can't afford
the down- time if one or more of my pistions completely shatters on me not to say
it will happen.In my case I will have to install a shortblock with forged internals
before the blower go's on and that will not be until the end of the year or next year.
I will be receiving my brand new 07 obsidian black pearl Subaru STI that
I will be doing a turbo upgrade on and lots of mods on here come March.

Daywalker

Reaction score
Dalamar said:
It's a gain, so yes. And saves you some money.
The Snow kit is great, especially on non-intercooled kits.
Cam's are a big help on the NPI's, not as good as the Headswap, but better than stockers. :)

The cost to get a forged bottom end is like $4500($2500 for the block and another $2000 in labor to swap it out) and that would leave me BROKE, with no more HP than I had before. So I figured why not just get the most HP/TQ I can with my stock block? The labor to install just the PI cams and intake is like half of what it would cost to do the whole swap. I figured that my planned mods could net me about 330-340HP? I think that's a good amount of power to have, and still be within the limits of my block. And it's all in my price range, so I'm set. Just gotta I find a used blower that's in good shape......... :thumb:

ripper

Reaction score
Used blowers are like big tits.... everyone wants em :rollinglaugh: Good luck

jpajkos

Reaction score
12lbs of boost = detotnation. 8lbs with a good tune = about 350 to the wheels with supporting mods such as full exhaust, P.I. Intake and a few others. Tune will be very important.

Daywalker

Reaction score
jpajkos said:
8lbs with a good tune = about 350 to the wheels with supporting mods such as full exhaust, P.I. Intake and a few others. Tune will be very important.

That's the plan, somewhere in the mid 300s. I know a couple of really good tuners, I'll just have to decide which one to take her to...

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Daywalker said:
The cost to get a forged bottom end is like $4500($2500 for the block and another $2000 in labor to swap it out) and that would leave me BROKE, with no more HP than I had before. So I figured why not just get the most HP/TQ I can with my stock block?

Exactly.
Money. I've had my car for 10 years.
I've waited years to go all out.

A blower on the stock stuff and/or the PI heaswap are a great way to get some power you can enjoy now.

Whistler98

Reaction score
Get the p1sc, get it tuned and it will be fine. I have a 98GT and put a p1sc on it around 85,000 miles it has been on there for almost 2yrs and almost 10,000 miles no problems at all. as long as the tune is good and you change your oil it will run for along time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online