Prochargers?

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Ok so ive been thinking about running a Procharger instead of a turbo setup just because its cheaper for a kit and i can make an easy jump in power without a hassle. so i keep seeing D1SC and P1SC and im lost.... i went to the site and didnt find much info..... explain.
also is a procharger worth getting?

basically id LOVE to build a setup to rape the new Z06 but lets face it, i aint got that kinda cash flow so if i could make around 400RWHP id be DAMN happy with it. i know with my current mod setup it wont happen but i hope to get PI heads and either get the PI Cams or get an aftermarket cam then do the S/C

give me feedback, i know this is prolly all common asked questions....

thanks!!

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Talk to me about a Rotrex before you spend the money on a Procharger.

Hellion94

Reaction score
Simply put, ProChargers are the best "traditional" (meaning NOT Rotrex) centrifugal blower on the market.

Both the D1sc and P1SC are excellent choices. In your case i would go with a P1SC, because they are a little easier to package, and slightly cheaper.

The SC in the designation refers to Self Contained. What this means is that the blowers have their own lubrication system. On traditional centrifugals and turbochargers, the bearings needed to be lubricated using the engines oil. This meant a couple of things,

A. You had to tap the oil pan
B. the oil temperatures were generally higher, meaning lower viscosity and more failures
C. you ran the risk of contaminated oil not only messing up your engine, but also your blower or turbo.

With the SC prochargers, these problems are eliminated, the oil is synthetic, and is contained inside the housing. It is "misted" onto the bearings and gears via a lubrication gear that basically creates a fine mist of oil. This keeps oil temps down, and actually lubricates better. All you have to do is change the blower oil every couple of months, or whenever you change your motor's oil.

ProChargers are nice peices.

EDIT: Just cause I know it's coming, i'll explain what a Rotrex is...

Rotrex is a company that produces a centrifugal supercharger that uses a unique bearing system that allows them to be totally noisless, and almost friction free. What this means is that these blowers have the effeciency of a turbo, with the boost response and top end of a centrifugal blower. This system also allows them to run INSANE step up ratios that equal enormous and near instantaneous boost production.

The problem with Rotrex is that they don't sell kits. This isn't really a "Problem" more of an inconvenience, whereas ProCharger sells VERY complete kits, with everything needed for the install, with directions. If I'm not mistaken, Rotrex just sells their superchargers by themselves.

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Hellion94 said:
The problem with Rotrex is that they don't sell kits. This isn't really a "Problem" more of an inconvenience, whereas ProCharger sells VERY complete kits, with everything needed for the install, with directions. If I'm not mistaken, Rotrex just sells their superchargers by themselves.

DUDE!!!!! I'm manufacturing and selling complete Rotrex kits!!!!!

We are doing are first car (95 Cobra) this month!! No more inconvenience!!

www.phatboyperformance.com

ripper

Reaction score
Hmmmmmm I have a stock 95gt thats screaming (hear it?) for a Rotrex. When you finish your prototype and are ready Tad we will definetly hook up. Maybe i can be your first customer. I want 000001 on my Phatboy Rotrex though ;)

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Stevo said:
Hmmmmmm I have a stock 95gt thats screaming (hear it?) for a Rotrex. When you finish your prototype and are ready Tad we will definetly hook up. Maybe i can be your first customer. I want 000001 on my Phatboy Rotrex though ;)

my96gtstang said:
hahah i think they have a 95 already in the works, i will be one of the first 4.6Ls to run his kit

Boys . . . boys . . . no fighting over the blowers! There's enough for everyone.

Here's the update. Our 95 Cobra test mule is confirmed and locked in and we should have the car within the next week to ten days.

I will very likely have a 96 test mule lined up by Saturday.

The timeline will likely work out so that we have dyno numbers, track numbers, and full kits available for 94-95, and 96-98 cars at about the same time. We expect to offer both intercooled and non-intercooled kits. From personal experience, I will be recommending the use of water/methanol injection for cooling as opposed to a traditional intercooler, although we will offer traditional coolers, as well.

4point6GT

Reaction score
how much for a rotrex kit on a 98 gt?, either
A. with powerheads swap
or
B. bone stock 02-04 Pi engine......... how much power u think i can get?

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
4point6GT said:
how much for a rotrex kit on a 98 gt?, either
A. with powerheads swap
or
B. bone stock 02-04 Pi engine......... how much power u think i can get?

I don't want to hazard a guess until I have done a test mule. What I DO know is that the rotrex is the most efficient blower in the world, so the power numbers will be better than any other blower at a given boost level.

Like I said, I will likely have a 96 test mule on Saturday. Numbers won't be far behind. But, the bottom line is that I won't sell something until I know first hand what kind of power it will make.

ripper

Reaction score
Shit if i lived in Arizona i coulda been a test mule? Oh well i guess when Greg puts out the Gregerdyn i can be a test mule. ;D

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
i checked RPM Outlet and they are high priced.... any other places i can find a D1SC Intercooled for cheaper?

Sage2k

Reaction score
Truuble, can you add me to some type of mailing list for when your kit is complete , so that I may get information when its done?

if so send me a PM and ill give you my email

Teal_Beast

Reaction score
RPM outlet BLOWS, just a horrible company, bad service etc.

oh and if you have the chance, go turbo instead of S/C

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
i want more info on the rotex chargers your making.... i have a 94 what can you tell me about it?? and what types of prices are you talking about???

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
tRaV_19 said:
i want more info on the rotex chargers your making.... i have a 94 what can you tell me about it?? and what types of prices are you talking about???

not trying to be rude but Truuble has posted a bunch of times in reference to this exact same post, he has to wait till his test are finished which will be a little bit.

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
my96gtstang said:
tRaV_19 said:

not trying to be rude but Truuble has posted a bunch of times in reference to this exact same post, he has to wait till his test are finished which will be a little bit.

Well . . that's true and not true. We do have our first test vehicles arriving next week and will have Mustang specific numbers once we get the kits fitted.

That said, there is a LOT of information out there we can draw conclusions from. For example, a non intercooled Rotrex C38-71 (which is a bit smaller than the one we will be selling) increased a Chevy Yukon's RWHP from 230 to 330. That's a 100rwhp on 8 pounds of boost with no intercooler. I expect our gains to be even better with a Mustang.

Here's what we also know, the Rotrex doesn't heat the charge as much when it compresses the air. This means that you have more room to tune and can run more timing and more boost even on a non-intercooled system. It also means that the intercoolers don't have to be as big on our intercooled systems as they would have to be with other blowers.

Also, the Rotrex is a smaller unit, dimensionally, than any of the other centri blowers out there. We all know that underhood space is at a premium with Mustangs and a smaller profile is helpful.

Here's the bottom line. When it comes to forced induction, heat is the enemy. I ran a 500rwhp blower car in the Arizona heat for a long time and it was a constant fight. With a blower that makes less heat in the first place, cooling the charge becomes less of an issue and performance is greatly increased. Again, I highly recommend the use of water/methanol injection as a chemical intercooler because it, not only, lowers the boost temperature, but it raises the octane rating at the same time.

Suffice to say that we will put together the right combination so that we are offering the BEST supercharger kit on the market today. By that, I mean the most reliable system that makes the most power at a competetive price. We will also offer high end systems for those who think that too much is not enough.

My company is being built on the strength of my reputation. Most of you know what that reputation is. I will not offer a product unless it is the best . . . because I have staked that reputation on it.

I also know that the proof is in the pudding. And, the pudding is on the way!

Tad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online