PROFESSIONAL PRODUCTS INTAKE MAN AND ECT

scootin95gts

Active Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2007
Messages
277
Reaction score
0
IVE BEEN LOOKING FOR MY NEXT UPGRADE FOR MY 5.0 AND I WANNA SPEND BETWEEN 600-700 DOLLARS. I WAS THINKING ABOUT THE PROFESSIONAL PRODUCTS UPPER AND LOWER MAN KIT FOR 349.00,TB EXTENSION AND 70MMTB IS THAT A GOOD SETUP IM YOUNG AND MONEYS KINDA TIGHT OR ELSE I WOULD GO FOR THE TRICK FLOW MAN....I ALREADY GOT A CHEAP CAI,FLOWS,O/F HPIPE AND UNDERDRIVE PULLEYS,EGR DEL,SMOG DEL, THAT CAME ON IT WHEN I BOUGHT THE CAR...


I HAVE NO PCV VALVE ON MY CAR CUZ THE LAST GUY CHANGE THE VALVE COVERS IS THIS BAD? ALSO I DONT SEE A AIR BREATHER TUBE ON MY CAI SHOULD I ?????
 
S

scarface

Guest
is there no outlets on your valve covers at all?

Oh...you might want to edit your post with the caps lock off....Greg is gonna have a field day with this thread..lol
 
S

scarface

Guest
ok, then you do have a vent for the valve cover...man I thought that thing was a time bomb!
 

Eastcoast5.0

Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
238
Reaction score
0
You get what you pay for. DO NOT buy that intake, or anything from PP for that matter. My buddy had that intake and it fit like shit, coolant leaked and the finish faded really quickly so he sent it back. I have a TB from them and the holes didn't line up with the intake studs, I had to bore them out with a drill to make it fit.

Buy the Holley or Trickflow piece, waaaayy better quality.
 

scootin95gts

Active Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2007
Messages
277
Reaction score
0
ok so that little round piece that has a filter on it is fine since i dont have a pcv their??also should i get shorty headers or a 70mmtb
 
S

scarface

Guest
Eastcoast5.0 said:
You get what you pay for. DO NOT buy that intake, or anything from PP for that matter. My buddy had that intake and it fit like shit, coolant leaked and the finish faded really quickly so he sent it back. I have a TB from them and the holes didn't line up with the intake studs, I had to bore them out with a drill to make it fit.

Buy the Holley or Trickflow piece, waaaayy better quality.
I have the PP elbow, and TB...both lined up perfectly???
 

Eastcoast5.0

Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
238
Reaction score
0
scarface said:
I have the PP elbow, and TB...both lined up perfectly???
I didn't say every single product they make doesn't work. They don't have a good track record though...search around then net too.
 
S

scarface

Guest
Eastcoast5.0 said:
scarface said:
I have the PP elbow, and TB...both lined up perfectly???
I didn't say every single product they make doesn't work. They don't have a good track record though...search around then net too.
cool.
 
Joined
Jan 21, 2007
Messages
190
Reaction score
0
Eastcoast5.0 said:
scarface said:
I have the PP elbow, and TB...both lined up perfectly???
I didn't say every single product they make doesn't work. They don't have a good track record though...search around then net too.

Yep, don't buy PP. It's a hit or a miss. Spend little more on a Trickflow or Edelbrock and have better gains.
 

purplehaze

Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2007
Messages
124
Reaction score
0
p.p throttle body i bought had to bored out where it bolts to the elbow,works great but if you wanna struggle n save money its not too bad. i mounted it to my trick flow elbow.70mm works great.
 

Dan95-5.0

New Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
58
Reaction score
0
i bought a used PP intake non polished and polished it myself. even tho i port matched the intake to my heads, everything fit fine. my MSD distributor cap rubbed a little bit but that was an easy fix. just shaved some of the material off.

i also run a 70mm PP throttlebody without a problem but i did the Fox TB conversion on mine.

for the price i payed for it, it was well worth it.
 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
74,902
Messages
1,452,815
Members
13,578
Latest member
derekcdrake88

Members online

Top