Proform Shifters??

Stangbangin

Reaction score
has anyone had any experiences with proforms shifters??? I've had good experiences with some of their other products like diizzy cops and rotors and valve cover heads and was noticing that they have shifters too for good prices.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
what is a good price? I would stay away from them. I had a friend get a brand new dizzy from them that was fucked up.

97vertstang

Reaction score
pro 5.0, steeda tri-ax, and mgw are the most popular choices.i driven a stang with a pro 5.0 and is pretty nice piece,

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
id stay away from it. Its cheap but there is a reason for it. Like i said the distributor was junk from them and had problems dealing with there customer service. Id look into the popular proven shifters, mgw, pro 5.0, steeda tri-ax. There is another discussion somewhere about shifters. Stick with one of those 3. My car had a pro 5.0 on it when i got it and it has worked fine but if i was buying one id go w/ the mgw. Maybe look @ ebay for good deals if the money is an issue(just looked and found some pro 5.0's).

OP
OP
S

Stangbangin

Reaction score
well my old fox body had a pro 5.0 and it was pretty stout. I drove a friends stand with a b&m which was alright too. and I'm pretty paycheck to paycheck with ym upgrades so I'm always looking for a good cheap alternative

97vertstang

Reaction score
i also gotten to feel a tri ax, not drive it just felt it.and its postioned nice but a little too tall for me.its a nice piece though.

SVTGizzi

Reaction score
Stangbangin said:
it's like 80 bucks shipped/

u get what u pay for

check in the general mustang/tech talk theres a current thread about shifters so ull get some good info

wytstang

Reaction score
Check out ebay, corral classifieds, our classifieds and get a used steeda/pro 5.0.

OP
OP
S

Stangbangin

Reaction score
well nix this whole thread cuz out of the blue my wife bought me a pro 5.0 shifter what a doll

95 Sleeper

Reaction score
Stangbangin said:
well nix this whole thread cuz out of the blue my wife bought me a pro 5.0 shifter what a doll
It seems you have a very smart wife! :thumb:

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
SVTGizzi said:
Stangbangin said:
it's like 80 bucks shipped/

u get what u pay for

check in the general mustang/tech talk theres a current thread about shifters so ull get some good info
+1 go pro 5Oh or tri ax.

SVTGizzi

Reaction score
Stangbangin said:

sounds like a keeper :thumb:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online