progress on my brothers 85 stang.

97vertstang

Reaction score
well i just wanted to show u guys the progress we have been doing on my brothers 85 notch stang originally a 4 banger. well for starters i tookk the engine and tranny out. i changed the tailights to newer lx lights i found at the junkyard. i got a 84 roller engine that my uncle gave me. it has e5 heads and a its a roller. it supposed to have less than 100k miles. i put new headgaskets, and im going to put all new gaskets and timing chain. i also got a 500 cfm edelbrock,edelbrock performer intake, mallory unilite dizzy, mallory hyfire ignition box, mac mufflers, mustang stock headers, and a c4 tranny i bought from my friend. i also got the b&m flywheel to install the c4.im going to paint the block black and i already painted the pulleys black.i already painted the intake , timing cover and water pump choarcoal gray. now i need to get a o/r h,finish the installing the gaskets and timing chain,dropping the engine hooking everything up. im also going to get a b&m ratchet shifter, 99-04 seats, cd player , autometer gauges, pro star wheels, and cowl hood.
heres the pics tell me what u guys think....................
whoring033.jpg

whoring034.jpg

whoring035.jpg

whoring036.jpg

whoring037.jpg

whoring038.jpg

whoring039.jpg

whoring040.jpg

whoring042.jpg

whoring043.jpg

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
damn, that thing is making some awesome progress....i want a notch soo bad.

Anrev

Reaction score
I always liked those. If I ever got a notch that would be it.

OP
OP

97vertstang

Reaction score
Hicks said:
Arent the stock headers restrictive??? Why keep them??
>>Just wondering<<
the engine originally had cast iron manifolds so i just gave em the ones that used to be in my car. right now hes on a budget so im trying to give em as much stuff as i can get, i got some longtube headers from a 68 mustang but i doubt theyll work and theyll definitely be a pain in the ass to install , so for now those headers will work.

Hicks

Reaction score
o ok awesome, nice of you to give them to him.

ck5.0

Reaction score
On my 84 I put stock manifolds from a 93 on it along with an H-pipe and dynomax mufflers and it really woke up that car. I was in High school and had basically no money. The exhaust was 10 times better than the stock 84 single exhuast.

OP
OP

97vertstang

Reaction score
ck4.6 said:
On my 84 I put stock manifolds from a 93 on it along with an H-pipe and dynomax mufflers and it really woke up that car. I was in High school and had basically no money. The exhaust was 10 times better than the stock 84 single exhuast.
thats pretty much what im going to do to this car but mac mufflers with turndowns. it should be loud enough.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online