Project 95 Cobra #371 & 95 Cobra R #75 Stroked 351 with a S-trim

Discussion in 'Members Rides' started by Racsirx, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Racsirx

Racsirx Active Member

Well I had a wrecked 95 Cobra R that was modified which I took parts from to put into my 95 Cobra that already had a 306 with TFS Heads & Intake and a S-trim. I decided to pull the 306 out since I split enough stock blocks and to make a strong daily driver that I don't have to worry about splitting the block. When I bought the Cobra R, it had a stoked 383 in it, which I didn't know until I pulled the oil pan to do the oil return line for the S-trim, and a Kenne Bell 2.2L and custom grind cam and it still had the stock GT40 heads. So I pulled what I could from the Cobra R to make my Cobra better but I didn't upgrade the heads and intake since I didn't want to go too crazy and make more power than my 42lb injectors could handle. I used the Cobra R 351 Drivetrain, Tremec 3550, Cobra R rear springs, longer Cobra R driveshaft, Cobra R proportioning valve, Cobra R 1" bore Master Cylinder, Cobra R steering wheel since it looked cleaner without cruise control buttons, Cobra R g-load brace, Cobra R hood with the Ford part number & emission sticker on it and I used the S-trim and sold the Kenne Bell and the 306 with TFS heads & intake and the stock T-5 to help fund the project. I even added A/C to the 351 which wasn't much room for with the stock battery tray. It runs nice, even with the stock 3:08 gears but still haven't got into boost yet still waiting for the gear swap and dyno tune before I do that. Here is my build on Corral http://forums.corral.net/forums/member-build-up-projects/1551466-95-cobra-95-cobra-r-project.html

Here is the Wrecked 95 Cobra R #75

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is my 95 Cobra #371

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. aces ST

aces ST Member

super clean.

3. ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89 Legend

Welcome aboard! Car looks great! Love the first pic from the front with the black Cobra R's.

4. chris91

chris91 Well-Known Member

Gorgeous car man. You have sold me on the Solid Black Deep Dish R's. Now to find someone to trade my xxr's..... lol

5. Burninriverdiver

Burninriverdiver Well-Known Member

Good looking car, I'm glad to see the cobra r live on as an organ doner

6. Kboss87

Kboss87 Member

Do you know the story of what happened to the Cobra R? Wrecked on a track?

7. CC'S95GT

CC'S95GT Legend

VERY NICE
    welcome to the madness

8. Racsirx

Racsirx Active Member

Lol, thanks I like the XXRs also, I actually have some 18" black sve series ones and I am looking for a teal 94-95 or rio red 94-95 GT or rio red 94-95 cobra to put them on, I had a very nice teal 94 GT that I just sold, that I was going to put them on, I regret selling the GT but the offer was too good to turn down

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Racsirx

Racsirx Active Member

Thanks, also the Cobra R is getting restored, I sold the Cobra R roller to a race shop in Georgia that specializes in just Cobra Rs

10. Racsirx

Racsirx Active Member

Yes I do, the previous owner spent money having a few people to build the car but they were too cheap to replace the original tires, they just had on the dyno, trying to tune it and the tires would spin and the tuner told them to replace the tires and bring it back, they were the original tires and they were hard, on the way home it started to rain and it got rolled off the freeway.

11. Racsirx

Racsirx Active Member

Thanks, you guys like Foxes? I play with those too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89 Legend

So how many stangs are in the stable right now??

13. Racsirx

Racsirx Active Member

Right now I have one 88 GT convertible, one 88 Coupe, one 88 GT hatchback, one 89 GT convertible and two 95 Cobras and just sold my 79 Coupe a few days ago, sometimes I get up to 19 mustangs, that's the max I can park at my house and still have room to park my daily driver cars, I am looking to buy some more right now but I haven't found anything I like so far, I did have a collection of Saturns once when gas was in the $5 per gallon range a few years back

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Ferocious

Ferocious Legend SN95 Supporter

Holy moly that's alot of Saturns.

That red fox is tits. Got an more info on it? I love the notches.

And welcome to the site. :thumbsup:

15. Racsirx

Racsirx Active Member

Thanks, I built it with spare parts and it went the best of [email protected] before I hit the wall, it's kinda what I do, I buy a bunch of Mustangs and take what I want from them and sell what I don't need and build something from it.

http://www.theturboforums.com/threads/345202-88-Coupe-306-T70-C4-10-00-138-NOW-9-75-142

16. Ferocious

Ferocious Legend SN95 Supporter

That's awesome! I see that you're in California. What part?

17. Racsirx

Racsirx Active Member

I am in San Francisco Bay Area

18. Racsirx

Racsirx Active Member

I don't if you seen my old 93 Cobra that's in Southern California now, it has a coyote motor in it now, I sold it to a guy down there as a roller, I kept the dart block 331 for my other project that never seems to get done, I actually have a few 4 bolt main motors and blower kits and one turbo kit I need to put in cars, lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Racsirx

Racsirx Active Member

Also my old turbo 93 Coupe is in Southern California now, I sold it with the drag rims

[​IMG]

20. BruhBrahBrad

BruhBrahBrad Well-Known Member

Good to see you on here Lee, youve got some nice mustangs man, I've never met you but I know of you from Cafords.