Project Cobra - 1996 SVT built for SCCA autocross, track days, and drag racing

Javelin

Reaction score
I've owned my Cobra for over 3 years now. It's a 1996 SVT hardtop and it is heavily modified by me for competition use. In 2018 I won the season championship for the Oregon Region SCCA in the CAM (Classic American Muscle) class and ran the Packwood National ProSolo with the SCCA. I have a lot of videos on my YouTube channel of the car over the last three seasons, and I'll work on this build thread and getting everything up to date.

Here's the intro:

And a walk-around:

I'll get more up soon including a full build breakdown (there's not much stock) and what the current setup is. Right now I am trying to change it over a bit for some 1/4-mile drag racing.

OP
OP
Javelin

Javelin

Reaction score
Nice, I like Mustangs that handle. Interesting to see the switch to drag racing.

Thank you! It will not be a pure drag car as it is still my actual track day machine. I'll basically have a wheel/tire setup for drag racing and adjust the suspension for it. It spends far more time on the corners than the strip.

It is a change seeing road course Mustangs
That car looks sharp

Thank you! I've tracked it numerous times at Portland International Speedway and have GPS-verified 127 MPH V-Max on the back straight consistently. It can do 20-minute run groups back-to-back-to-back with no issues.

OP
OP
Javelin

Javelin

Reaction score
Here's a unique view from one of the drift events I went to at Spirit Peaks Raceway.

OP
OP
Javelin

Javelin

Reaction score
Here is the Cobra in it's more natural habitat, at the autocross.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online