Project Dirty Banana Build

PM-Performance

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I posted some recent pictures of the car in the members rides, but I wanted to create an actual build thread. Someone posted a "How much have you invested" thread and it got me thinking about adding it all up as I lose track of what all I have done to this car.

So the back story is that I have been a turbo import junky for years but I have had all kinds of cars. I really had a hardon for a Foxbody, but I could not find what I wanted for a reasonable price. I drove all around PA and DE and came back dissapointed each time. I came back one night pissed and started my search on Craigslist again and came across this car that seemed too good to be true. It was everything I DID NOT WANT (Sn95, Yellow, Convertible), but it had the one thing I did and that was a 5.0. It was all original, never touched, all maint done second owner car. I had all the maint records from both owners and actually tracked down the original owner and talked to him a bit about the car. We struck a pretty awesome deal and the car came home with me in late August/Early September of 2014 with 151k miles on her, but she doesnt show it.

I knew going in I have a sickness with cars and wanted to do a ton to it, but didnt really have the budget, hence why I was starting with this old uber cheap platform that it seems no one else wanted. I started off with some 94-95 Cobra wheels and wheel spacers and some boltons. It was still boring for me. . .
I then got some GT40's for a steal and Cobra Intake mani, and some other stuff and did a cheap top end. I freshened up everything with the top end and all maint stuff and had it tuned at that time and made 256/301 to the wheels and to be honest. . . .still kind of boring for me.

I fell into a steal on a new blower and tried to set a budget that we all know how that goes. . . didnt stick too well. lol.
So after it was all said and done, the car was retuned by another tuner with the blower as I had a falling out with the old tuner and didnt trust his work. We made 372/374 with the blower, which was a significant gain, but still was not enough for me. I knew we were having problems with SUPER HIGH IAT's, which was pulling all my timing out ,but I was running out of money so I drove home and enjoyed it for about a month or two. I quickly realized my tires werent doing me any good and needed to upgrade those to get any traction as well as needing to do something about getting some cooler IAT temps so I could get my power back.
So I decided to look into Methanol Injection as I hear great things with this, but never got into it before because I always had intercooled setups before. Well, fast forward to a few weeks ago, we got back on the dyno to check results and the first pull with a 275ml nozzle and NO TUNE adjustment, shot from 372whp to 430whp!!!! I thought the tuner made a mistake, but made another run to back it up. He didnt think meth was flowing as he saw no enrichment, but I knew it was. We saw the IAT's drop to below 100* under boost and basically the car autotuned itself and added the missing timing back in. We played around with it a little more and ended up with a 975ML nozzle and made 453/436 on a 3.33" pulley (stock pulley) . I was happy with this and didnt want to cram much more into it, so we left it on the safer side considering and I rolled out with my new beast.
So now to today, a little under 2 years later, I have only put a couple thousand miles on her as it is a toy for me, but I have over doubled the HP and she handles pretty decent and looks good too.

OP
OP
PM-Performance

PM-Performance

Reaction score
Mustang Modifications

Appearance:
Boss Inc Y2K Cobra R hood
Kaenen Saleen S281 Spoiler
OEM Cobra Headlights
CDC Styling Bar

Motor:
GT40 3 Bar heads with Alex Parts spring/seal kit and Scorpion 1.6 ratio roller rockers
BBK OffRoad H pipe
Flowmaster American Thunder Catback
Vortech V2 SQ/SI trim supercharger
Anderson Motorsports 4” Power Pipe with 4” conical filter
PMAS MH-95 Slot sensor maf and housing
BBK 70MM throttle body (Accufab 75MM waiting on install)
OEM Cobra Intake manifold (Trickflow Track Heat waiting on install)
Walbro GSS340 255LPH HP fuel pump
Seimens Deka 60lb Injectors
Devils Own Methanol Injection kit
Trick Flow Stage 1 Cam
MSD Distributor cap
Ford Performance 8MM plug wires
Steeda Smog Delete pulley
Tuned By DGR Performance via SCT 4bank chip

Suspension/Chassis:
Steeda Sport Lowering Springs
Bilstein Strut/Shock combo
Maximum Motorsports Caster/Camber Plates
Maximum Motorsports Full Length Subframe Connectors (Waiting on install)

Drivetrain:
Ford Motorsports 3.73 gears
Steeda Triax Shortshifter with Steeda Shiftknob
Centerforce Dual Friction clutch
Maximum Motorsports Firewall clutch adjuster/quadrant and clutch cable

Rolling Stock:
XXR 531 Platinum 17x9x25 offset Front and 17x10x20 offset Rear wheels
Nitto NT05 255x40x17 Front and 275x40x17 Rear tires
Flush valve stems
Power Stop Slotted/Drilled rotors and Power Stop pads

Electronics:
Pioneer SPH-DA120 App Radio 4 in New Edge Double Din conversion and matching shift console
Pioneer 6x8 speakers in front and rear
Autometer Pro Comp II Fuel Pressure and Boost gauges in Autometer Clock pod
AEM Wideband in Autometer Steering wheel pod
Ford Motorsports Speedometer Calibrator

Replacement stuff while building:
Water pump
Timing chain
Felpro gaskets
ARP Hardware
Mobil 1 fluids for motor
Royal Purple fluids for the rear

OP
OP
PM-Performance

PM-Performance

Reaction score
Here is my trip to go look at it before putting a deposit on it

Here is at the Notary taking delivery of the ole girl

Here is once she is home in her original 20 yr old glory before I started messing with her

OP
OP
PM-Performance

PM-Performance

Reaction score
Here are some pics of the first setup I went with before things got serious

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Really nice start! Good thing you held out for this jewel! She's a beaut!

Are their plans for suspension mods?

OP
OP
PM-Performance

PM-Performance

Reaction score
Really nice start! Good thing you held out for this jewel! She's a beaut!

Are their plans for suspension mods?

thanks man! She'd has deff grew on me.
I have the mod list on the second post. It already has suspension mods.
bexause I need to upload to photobucket first to post here, it will take me a bit to upload more detailed pics along the build
Stay tuned...... More is coming

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Wow great work, I didn't read anything but the pictures told the story very well lol

1bad95

Reaction score
Looks great! I sure do miss my canary yellow 95!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
PM-Performance

PM-Performance

Reaction score
thanks for the kind words guys. The yellow has grown on me soo much that I am considering buying a Screaming Yellow terminator to add to the stable next

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online