Project Forced induction on the Green hornet

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Hey guys decided to bump her up some more and throw on a power adder . I prefer a turbo over a supercharger for how much power it makes but a supercharger is more reliable but costs more than a turbo. As most know im running a 302 bored 40 over (308) with a 280//480 custom ground camshaft , flat top pistons , gt40p heads with upgraded 600 lift springs and 1.6 rockers , weiand excelerator intake , trans controller on 4r70w auto , msd ignition . What route would be the best for me to go ? Any opinions are welcome and if you have a product in mind for my setup post a link if you can ! This is something i have been looking at http://www.ebay.com/itm/1979-1993-F...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f23f6bfe9&vxp=mtr

but im not sure if the headers will work on the P Heads or not or if ill have clearance issues . thanks

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
oh yeah and also im running a Demon Road demon 625 cfm Vac secondary carb .

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ill let the pushrod guys chime in on their suggestions.... needless to say, I cant wait to see what you start building up! :)

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
You'll need to set your carb up for blow thru ... Other then that there is no reason why you couldn't make a on3 performance kit work with some modifications

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You'll need to set your carb up for blow thru ... Other then that there is no reason why you couldn't make a on3 performance kit work with some modifications

Was going to say something similar.

It's going to take a bit more effort to dial in an turbo with a carb setup, but its been done plenty of times before. Pay close attention to your fuel and timing, it's extremely important to listen for detonation.

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Thank you for the encouraging post. Do you think I will have any major clearance issues ? Also would the headers work on the gt40p heads im running now. Also does this on3 kit have a good rep im fairly new to the world of turbos .

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
I'd run an old school BDS 6-71. That would be badass.
I agree that would be bad the downside to it is that it will cost more than a turbo setup and also require a new hood for sure and may not make as much power as the turbo. but thanks for your opinions they are appreciated kind sir !

Mustang Mark

Reaction score
It for sure wouldn't make the power that a turbo kit would. nothing beats the visual impact of an old school blower sticking up out of the hood though, and you're already running a carb.

330CubeGt

Reaction score
Had me confused, I thought this was the actual green hornet lol.

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Had me confused, I thought this was the actual green hornet lol.
Aha what you trying to say I ain't legit ? Naw lol I got pulled over for a bunch of stuff once in the green stang and the judge here is really strict and I had green headlights hid and they are apparently illegal and he asked me who I thought I was the green hornet ! Lol everyone there erupted in laughter including me lol then he asked how my car insurance was so low and said he was thinking about switching to farm bureau cause of my price lol all of this discussion in front of the whole court room , then he looks at me and says congratulations son you just saved your license . I was like heck yeah where's the door ha . Good times . I am the one and the only green hornet :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online