Projector/LED headlight conversion on SN95?

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Disappointed with the stock headlights. HID’s are no improvement, IMHO. So now there’s nothing left to do but try LED’s. But, I’ve come to learn that if you want LED’s, ya gotta switch to Projector headlights.
Is this a big deal? Or is it pretty much plug-n-play like swapping out replacement headlight assemblies? Any brands I should look for specifically? Or avoid? Addis also wire looms needed? Tricks? Nuances?

Thanks everyone!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
not plug in play. The first step is to separate the front and the back of the lights and you do this with heat either in the oven or with a heat gun and then pry them apart. Its not as easy as it sounds to get them apart clean with out damage as the glue they use can be pretty strong. Once its out then its not too hard to put everything back together as long as you seal it all up perfectly. Its a few hours work if you know what your doing. I only did it once and I probably have 6 hours into mine.
Px8MHBL.jpg

Is it worth it? That is up to you to decide.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Instead of all that hassle, aren’t there projector headlight assemblies that can be swapped out?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
They make one or two that have projectors in the the problem is that they are cheap pieces of crap. That big lens that hangs off the front of it has to be precision made in order to get good results out of them and the ones premade do not qualify and you end up with a bad looking light output from them. I had a set of those before I did my own. There are people that will do it for you but by the time you are into the actual light assembly, the projector retrofit and then the HID/leds to go in them and the labor to do it all that you are in the $500 range pretty quick.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Oh hell.. I’m going to return the other bulbs and just go with the NAPA brilliant whites

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online