Proper way to reset idle on SN95???

dsrtjeeper

Reaction score
Mine has been converted to a BBK Fox style throttle body and tps so I suspect the idle adjustment will be different than a stock SN95 setup. According to everything I've read from Ford; the TPS is not to be adjusted on our cars. The computer handles that function.

87hurricane

Reaction score
The tps must fall within a certain range at idle, if not it must be adjusted or replaced. If you look above this post there is sticky with the proper way to set the idle.

OP
OP
D

dsrtjeeper

Reaction score
The tps must fall within a certain range at idle, if not it must be adjusted or replaced. If you look above this post there is sticky with the proper way to set the idle.

Correct. A stock sn95 setup requires .50volts at 0% throttle opening. But...I have the Fox tb, IAC and TPS. Mustangs never came with an adjustable TPS for a reason. So many folks attempt to out think Ford Engineers by slotting the TPS. None of this really helps me reset my idle on my combination. Surely someone knows??

87hurricane

Reaction score
Your tps voltage at closed throttle engine key on engine off should be .9 per Ford. Even though you have a fox body throttle body, you still have an sn95 computer which is looking for .9 at idle. If you are at .5, you can replace the tps like for tells you to, or try to slot it and adjust it properly. All I can say is that until you get your tps voltage closer to .9, you'll never get your idle right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online