Pulling powersteering rack, to replace lower control arms

tajmas

Reaction score
I have to pull my powersteering rack to replace my lower control arms, and I think I'm gonna have to plug the two lines to the rack and on the pump, while I'm doing all this front end work. And would like to know if anyone has any suggestions on a good , clean way to plug them up for a little while. I was thinkin' of using duct tape on the lines, but not sure what the best way to plug the pump would be. Should I buy two plugs to cap them off? If so, what size are they? Or is there any good backyard mech. ideas I can't think of?

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I think you mean your A-arms.

you should just be able to unbolt the rack and let it hang. don't unhook the lines or anything.

then get er done. good luck

95PGTTech

Reaction score
we just replaced the front. disconnect the two bolts that hold the rack in and remove them, then pry the rack forward about an inch and you're set. You only need to do this because of how the front A-arm mounting bolts are.

waltnono

Reaction score
Don't mean to highjack this but since ur working on the powersteering could you telll me where these two lines on the right go.
100_0054.jpg

I believe that the upper right goes to the hydroboost unit but what about the other lower right?

McCloud

Reaction score
Dalamar said:
I think you mean your A-arms.

you should just be able to unbolt the rack and let it hang. don't unhook the lines or anything.

then get er done. good luck

I wouldnt let it just hang. Id unbolt it and then zip tie it to your front swaybar. Thats what I did when I swapped k-members. I didnt have to disconnect any lines either.

OP
OP
T

tajmas

Reaction score
Sorry WALTNONO I was away for a bit. The top one goes to the radiator, bottom goes up by the firewall.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010