pushrod 302 into new edge mustang

shoua50

Reaction score
I've got a 1999 v6 new edge mustang and I want to swap everything from my 1994 gt into it. my 1994 has a 347 stroker motor with a Lentech AOD trans. engine management is done with a FAST system. just need to know if my UPR k member and a arms will work or do I need to get a new one, Team Z makes one for this kind of swap but if I don't need it then no point in spending the money. I'm pretty sure rear end and rear suspension will bolt right up and work. only doing swap because I pretty much hacked up my 1994 through the years with welding and cutting, just wanting to start with fresh body and planning on making it look like a terminator

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Pretty sure itll be a straight foward swap. You already know about the v6 models lacking components. That already puts you in the know. You got this man!

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Everything will bolt right in. The k’member from your 94 and all suspension stuff is all good to go. The “swap” members you see are the exact same as what you have.

So start a build thread and start swapping. If you have any issues let us know.

Also, you will want to swap the body and dash harness from your 94 to make things easier. Otherwise your gonna have a lot of reworking to do on all the wiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccater

Reaction score
You're good. Same chassis. K will bolt right up. May find yourself making modifications to get things to fit/work, but most everything is direct bolt on, and between both cars you should have all the parts you need. Does the v6 car have a hydroboost or brake booster?

You will probably need some parts from your 94,but again they will bolt in. I did a Terminator swap into a 94 gt. It was a job, but again everything bolted right up with minimal modification. I think cutting out for the hydroboost was one of the biggest modifications to fit something.

Casey

VZciMdM.jpg

eXaERka.jpg

PEnUgwx.jpg

SkSwezu.jpg

Last edited:

ccater

Reaction score
Thinking about this a little further, the transmission mount may be your biggest challenge. The crossmember mount location is different on both cars. Check ouy Stifflers. They might make something for an aod.

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
The bolts that attach the rear lower control arms are bigger on the new edge. Should make for a great car. Pics?

OP
OP
shoua50

shoua50

Reaction score
thanks everybody. the v6 has a brake booster, only 1996 and up GT have hydroboost braking. it's goingto be a slow process because of the weather plus i'm redoing the motor with a twin turbo setup. will post pics as soon as i start just waiting on my motor to be done

ccater

Reaction score
What are the details for your twin turbo kit? Custom made?

OP
OP
shoua50

shoua50

Reaction score
What are the details for your twin turbo kit? Custom made?
I'm either going with an On3 twin kit for fox body and doing a few mods to get it to fit correctly or going with Pony Down twin turbo headers because those headers are 1 3/4 inch primaries and I can get them with high port head flanges then fab the rest of the kit. On3 kit is about 2900 and Pony Down headers are 650. obviously the On3 kit has 62mm turbos but I've got two 76/65 refurbished turbos from one of the guys I know and race with

OP
OP
shoua50

shoua50

Reaction score
Everything will bolt right in. The k’member from your 94 and all suspension stuff is all good to go. The “swap” members you see are the exact same as what you have.

So start a build thread and start swapping. If you have any issues let us know.

Also, you will want to swap the body and dash harness from your 94 to make things easier. Otherwise your gonna have a lot of reworking to do on all the wiring.

I'm actually running all Autometer gauges. fuel level and speedometer are the only things I need to figure out. currently fuel level and speedometer are spliced into factory instrument cluster wiring to get them to work but I have to leave the factory ECU installed for the speedometer to work. this time around I'm trying to lighten the car as much as possible

ccater

Reaction score
I'm either going with an On3 twin kit for fox body and doing a few mods to get it to fit correctly or going with Pony Down twin turbo headers because those headers are 1 3/4 inch primaries and I can get them with high port head flanges then fab the rest of the kit. On3 kit is about 2900 and Pony Down headers are 650. obviously the On3 kit has 62mm turbos but I've got two 76/65 refurbished turbos from one of the guys I know and race with

That will be nice. I've got a custom fab twin setup for sn95 with 302 that I never did anything with. It's just sitting in storage now. They are t3/t4 hybrid Garrett's. Always wanted to install but just never got around to it and plans change. They would spool up fast that's what I was going for.

kH8g3bL.jpg

4Q0ToRJ.jpg

61NCO0i.jpg

c6TUfsw.jpg

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm actually running all Autometer gauges. fuel level and speedometer are the only things I need to figure out. currently fuel level and speedometer are spliced into factory instrument cluster wiring to get them to work but I have to leave the factory ECU installed for the speedometer to work. this time around I'm trying to lighten the car as much as possible

Run those aftermarket as well. Make it easy.

OP
OP
shoua50

shoua50

Reaction score
Run those aftermarket as well. Make it easy.

I am, ALL my gauges, tach ,fuel level, batt volts, oil pressure, coolant temp, speedometer are all autometer. factory gauge panel is no more

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ccrider

Members online