Put 100 Octane low lead fuel in my car

caseypayne69

Reaction score
Talk about clean looking fuel. Like clear with a tint of blue in it. And the smell you'd never forget. Basicly I decided to try the 100 low lead gas because I heard it lubricates your valves and such in ur engine, unlike unleaded fuels that will not. I ran my car almost empty and then added 5 gallons at a price of 4.19 a gallon. Ya know I don't wanna be full of it, but I honesty think I felt a seat of pants difference. But i'm un-sure. Oh and for anyone else that want to try this, it will mess your car up if you have catalitic converts still.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
sounds like it would be the same as a tank of high test and octane booster, but most boosters are like 10 bucks for a small container

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
sounds like it would be the same as a tank of high test and octane booster, but most boosters are like 10 bucks for a small container
I have heard with a full tank they only put it up by like 1/4 octaine lol. Or else I could run 87 then put that in and it would be cheaper then going with 91.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
Snakebit said:
I have heard with a full tank they only put it up by like 1/4 octaine lol. Or else I could run 87 then put that in and it would be cheaper then going with 91.

true :)

EThorpe

Reaction score
Bet it smooth'd out his car a lilttle, pretty much a waste of cash though really, when you run race gas(that's what they call it nowdays, LOL!) you need to retune when you run soo-called Higher Octane. You need to bump up timming and lean mixture out a little.

gutboybarrelhouse

Reaction score
The only way you are going to see a "seat of the pants" difference with higher octane is by increasing the timing. The higher octane prevents detonation. Nothing more. No tune, no gain. Don't waste your money! On the other hand, 100 octane allows you to advance timing 3-4 degrees. You will definiately feel the difference there! Depending on your mods, 10-15% gain.

Rantheman

Reaction score
a couple weeks ago i put 5 gallons in of 130 octan fuel but cost me like 6 bucks a gallon

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ccrider

Members online