"Putting $8000 into your GT isn't worth it" Uhhh What?

SNorange94

Reaction score
I would just buy a Saleen if I could afford it, then do some slight modding to make it "mine".
I bought my 01 cobra recently and people were telling me not to, because it was too much and it needed some work. I bought it anyway!
The kid was selling it because it had a crazy miss, I tightened the bolt on the ECU harness and runs perfect. I got a 10k car for 6k.

My point, Do what you want and don't look back. Always gonna have haters!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if your doing this or almost any car modification for the name of investment, Good luck. We do not say we are investing in our cars we knowingly buy the parts knowing that they are probably worth half as much of their new price when the moment they are installed, 1/3 if you sell them with the car. But if you weigh all this to your previous mustang you are still way ahead.

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
Its your money man who cares. Cars are not an investment.

Just a heads up. If you truly love your car, you will learn to hate it so much, blood sweat tears boredom never driving it etc.

Also some 16yr old slut could t bone you and it gone forever.

That being said I have have stupid money in all my cars but you can't take it with you lol

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
sn95jones

sn95jones

Reaction score
if your doing this or almost any car modification for the name of investment, Good luck. We do not say we are investing in our cars we knowingly buy the parts knowing that they are probably worth half as much of their new price when the moment they are installed, 1/3 if you sell them with the car. But if you weigh all this to your previous mustang you are still way ahead.
True! Hahaha

Thanks guys for the support!

Nuttinbutcrumbs

Reaction score
Faleen's, Fobra's, to each is own I guess. But yeah $8k will go up in smoke pretty quick even if you're trying to make your GT look like a Gt if you're doing everything from motor to interior. What's the power plant going into your faleen? Or is the $8k just going towards wings, badges, and paint? And yes, clones are kinda corny, especially if they're slow clones. In 30 years you'd probably get more at barret Jackson with your gt with subtle accents than with a clone. There are a metric butt-ton o' clones out there.

OP
OP
sn95jones

sn95jones

Reaction score
Faleen's, Fobra's, to each is own I guess. But yeah $8k will go up in smoke pretty quick even if you're trying to make your GT look like a Gt if you're doing everything from motor to interior. What's the power plant going into your faleen? Or is the $8k just going towards wings, badges, and paint? And yes, clones are kinda corny, especially if they're slow clones. In 30 years you'd probably get more at barret Jackson with your gt with subtle accents than with a clone. There are a metric butt-ton o' clones out there.
The Faleen will have the same 2v motor but will have the Series II supercharger kit that was found on the Saleens. The Saleens had the same 2v motor.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Where the hell are you getting the paint work done for $600??

As others have noted, the 8k figure seems far off.

We know that putting money into cars is a waste of money. If we don't, we probably need to stop stealing the oxygen from everyone else.

OP
OP
sn95jones

sn95jones

Reaction score
I have a friend that's runs a body shop. I send customers his way, he hooks me up...

Also I'd appreciate it if whoever keep adding a poll to my posts would stop, it's extremely childish.

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
Yeah I don't do this to make money, I do it because I enjoy it. If someone wrote me a check for 1 million but in order to cash it I would have to promise to never spend a dime on modifying my cars ever again..... ID rip that check up in their face lol

5.0l cory

Reaction score
I say go for it build away it is for the love of it i spent lots of money on cars friends dont like it girlfriends dont like that stuff but who cares what they say it is just for the love cars

OP
OP
sn95jones

sn95jones

Reaction score
Yeah I don't do this to make money, I do it because I enjoy it. If someone wrote me a check for 1 million but in order to cash it I would have to promise to never spend a dime on modifying my cars ever again..... ID rip that check up in their face lol

Right! Hahaha I'd do the very same!
Question.

What supercharger are you getting for $2000?
They aren't hard to come across, just search online you can come across a Series II supercharger relatively cheap. The Series II will put the car right at 365hp at the crank.
I say go for it build away it is for the love of it i spent lots of money on cars friends dont like it girlfriends dont like that stuff but who cares what they say it is just for the love cars
Thanks man! Thankfully my girlfriend has a Mustang obsession and loves what I have planned so I got that going for me.

Cpotts13

Reaction score
So... after researching I cant find one single series II supercharger for sale, I also read that if they don't have the manifold that's a $1700 part alone....

Can you find one currently for sale?

Might now even be worth going with the series II considering you can get a used vortech for a tad bit more.

OP
OP
sn95jones

sn95jones

Reaction score
I'm not trying to buy one right now so I have time to wait until I come across one and when I do buy one it'll be the complete kit.
Reason I'm not going with Vortech is because I'm trying to stick as close as possible to Saleen

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online