putting a 351 in a 94 GT

M

musclemustang94

quickstang_1994 said:
How much power can a 351w stock block handle?

A helluva lot more than a 302's! I am going to put a mile 5.8 in my car with a single turbo and make somwhere around 500whp. You can't do that with a 302, thats block splitting territory.

zero_chance

Reaction score
A lot of the people that say it wont fit under a stock hood are referring to 93 and older cars. Ive seen it work no problem on sn95 stlye cars.

OP
OP
M

monkeydude3

Reaction score
It's decided. After i put in the 3.73s, I'm not really gonna do much more to our 94 GT. however I am gonna look around for a high milage used but solid 351 engine to tear into. Oh and it will be built... and built nicely and then swapped... ::evil laugh::

Anyone know where i should start looking? Ebay? Local junkyards? Anyone have any successes to speak of? Thanks!

tommybunz

Reaction score
just finished the bottom end on my 351w. just waiting to buy the heads now. have every thing brackets, intake, injectors, headers. damn i cant wait she is gonna run.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
351w's aint that hard to find. if you want a roller block then they are a gonna be a little harder to find

tommybunz

Reaction score
yeah im pretty lucky i brought a non roller for $40 then when i took it to the machine shop the guy had a roller block there he sold to me for $ 150. i took the rods and crank and used in the roller block. so $40 bucks for rods & crank aint bad.

OP
OP
M

monkeydude3

Reaction score
Please forgive my ignorance but what's the difference between a roller and non roller block? I am seriously starting to look for an engine to start with here for my 351 project, so all the info you guys can give me the better! :)

tommybunz

Reaction score
F4TE is a roller block which means it takes a hydrolic roller cam like the 86- 95 5.0ho motors. so the lifters dog bones and cam from the 5.0 motor can interchange. the non roller block has to be fitted to take the parts( more expensive). requires machining for the spiders.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
you can retrofit a non roller block but you will have to run a small base circle cam. It limits the choice of cam you can run. the F4 blocks are usually 94+

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online