Putting her into hybernation (Parking Car for 1.5+ years)

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Well im going to be puttin my baby away for a while.

This is what I have been thinking of doing it will be in a garage:

* good wash
* empty gas tank? or should I fill then add the perservative in it?
* trickle charger
* change oil
* crack windows, put a box of baking soda on the rear floor
* put car up on jackstands

Ill get someone to fire it up every 2 weeks till it warms up fully...or is that too excessive.

Any more suggestions?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Damn Matt I have never had to leave my car for longer than a week so I dont know any thing to do other than what you are already planning, I would hate the thought of doing what your going to do............over a year and no stang :'( :'(

rgs

Reaction score
my suggestion is to put mine in your garage, and i will take care of yours, free of charge of course

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
fire up once a month will be fine.
they may want to disconnect the battery between those times?? just a thought.

I'd have someone drive it once in a while - if they're trustworthy, get the dif turning, suspension moving a bit.
If it's not going to move, you;ll wanna do something with the gas so it doesn't turn to varnish.

I'm sure your car will be sad!

Ender

Reaction score
When I went on deployment I changed the oil, put Sta-Bil in the tank and filled it up, put the car on jackstands with the windows cracked open and a cover over it, and disconnected the battery. When I came back I pulled the spark plugs, pored a spoonfull of oil into each cylinder so it wouldnh't be completely dry on startup, and it started right up, the battery held a charge the whole time.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Dalamar said:

I'd have someone drive it once in a while - if they're trustworthy, get the dif turning, suspension moving a bit.
If it's not going to move, you;ll wanna do something with the gas so it doesn't turn to varnish.

off topic, but I likes the new sig 8)

OP
OP
Matt94GT

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ender said:
When I went on deployment I changed the oil, put Sta-Bil in the tank and filled it up, put the car on jackstands with the windows cracked open and a cover over it, and disconnected the battery. When I came back I pulled the spark plugs, pored a spoonfull of oil into each cylinder so it wouldnh't be completely dry on startup, and it started right up, the battery held a charge the whole time.

Yeah im thinking of hte Sta-Bil in the tank but will it last that long? Im not going to have to worry about doing the oil in the plugs because I will get someone to fire it up every 3 or so weeks and let it warm fully up.

Dalamar said:

I will put on a trickle charger so I think ill just leave it on, that way its easier for him to start it every 3 weeks or so.

Ill tell him to turn the wheel back and forth but it will be on jackstands and no insurance so I doubt it will see the road.

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
that is one ass vacation trip man have a blast you party freak

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Hmm, I dont think I would fill the tank. You are going to have someone crank it every week or so right? Thats a long time for a full tank of gas to sit so I think if it was me put no more than half or a quarter of a tank, so when you get back the tank can be close to empty and you can fill her up with a fresh tank of 93 :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online