pwnage of the ricers (ROFLMFAO OMG SO FUNNY MUST SEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ONE!!1111)

OP
OP
G

GREG@SN95

Re: pwnage of the ricers (ROFLMFAO OMG SO FUNNY MUST SEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ONE!!1

Dalamar said:
Dont be a Dick Greg, not everyone has the same experience as you.

I'm trying to tell him that the mil eliminators arent there just to make that light go away... theres more too it going on... trying to help him understand...

I'm really not trying to be a dick...

OP
OP
G

GREG@SN95

Re: pwnage of the ricers (ROFLMFAO OMG SO FUNNY MUST SEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ONE!!1

SilverSol said:
yeah i know. i thought you were trying to say that it wasn't because of my o/r x that the light is on. my bad.

check out the note underneath the install directions (step #12)
http://www.uprproducts.com/PDF/_vti_cnf/96Xpipe.pdf

well the guy who wrote thats a ying yang...

in '96 they changed not only the engine from 302OHV to 281SOCH

they also changed the cpu from OBD I (On Board Diagnostic Ver. 1.0) to OBD II (On Board Diagnostic Ver. 2.0)

OBD II cars have O2 sensors (1 before the 1rst cat, 1 after)
OBD I only had 1 (before cats)

OBD I and older you wouldn't need the MILs

So it may be that those write ups are for a car older then '96

Regardless... I would suggest that you put that on the top of your to do list...

Not only will the light go out, but the A/F will be fixed, you will gain more power and gas milage... and you won't be at risk of messing up your car...

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
What greg said about the OBD II is correct.

the other way is to get a tune and have it turned off. but that usually cost's more than mil's.

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
will do Greg. definitely at the top of my list of things to do. i'm not even driving the mustang at the moment anyway. maybe the write up is for pre-96. i don't know. doesn't matter cause i planned on getting the mil's anyway.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.