Pypes Exhaust and MAC long tubes

JohnnyLS89

Reaction score
So I found Pypes the beast exhaust system the other day on AM and it seems pretty good and cheap but has anyone had this exhaust before? I'd like some input before I buy it. I currently have stock exhaust with the mufflers removed right now. I'm also buying MAC headers and a couple of my friends use them and suggested them over BBK. Anyone know any pros and cons of these parts?

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Which pypes system? link?
I have pypes violators. Sound pretty nice to me. Semi quiet until 3000+ rpm's. then you release the beast.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
it will be f/n LOUD. I had an O/R H with the Violators at one time and under full throttle it could be heard from a mile away. Really.
And it won't sound that good either. Kinda like a 70's truck with glass packs. blap blap blap.
I switched out the o/r pipe with Bassani catted X and it 's much better.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I have chrome MAC 1-5/8" Longtubes, offroad X pipe and MAC Flowpath mufflers. sounds insane! love it. Going on a year with the MAC LT's. No complaints! Make sure you buy starter wrap off latemodelrestoration.com to wrap your starter or else the longtubes will fry your starter

OP
OP
JohnnyLS89

JohnnyLS89

Reaction score
ybade4u2.jpg

5-oh-MUSTANG

Reaction score
I love my pypes m80 mufflers pair with my catted magnaflow x pipe. I might go catless h or x. This is already loud and sounds deep with the cats. Inexpensive and awesome sounding mufflers.

OP
OP
JohnnyLS89

JohnnyLS89

Reaction score
I wanna go ridiculously loud until I'm done building my other 302.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I wanna go ridiculously loud until I'm done building my other 302.

Mine was auto, I swapped a 5 speed in. Seriously if you want a loud exhaust, get the offroad X pipe, I recommend mac flowpath mufflers for a different not so typical mustang tone. But an offroad X pipe alone will make it really loud!

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I just want ridiculously loud lol

Gotcha lol. #1 on an automatic 5.0 like yours, and mine (was) installation was a huge *****. $300 for the headers is well worth the price, I was amazed at the quality and finish for only $300 from MAC. #2 That being said, they do make the car a lot louder. Lose a little low end torque, but up top it'll pull harder. #3 Do you plan on doing motor work, i.e, Heads cam intake? - Honestly, you could buy an offroad X pipe, and just buy a set of dynomax racebullets or slp loudmouths if you want ridiculously loud. Thats basically straight piped, so it'll be extremely loud. Believe me you don't need longtubes to make it really loud.. I had stock headers, bbk offroad H pipe, MAC Flowpath mufflers and tailpipes. It was LOUD. But since I did longtubes, i put an offroad X on, same mufflers still. And it absolutely screams like a mother. I love it, tame while cruising too.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yea, loudest to my knowledge is the SLP LM1 series.

Those plus o/r x will melt your ears off. an H quiets the tone down a bit and makes it seem more refined.

OP
OP
JohnnyLS89

JohnnyLS89

Reaction score
I don't really like the sound of cutouts. It makes it sound like a truck. But I have gt40 upper and lower intake on it along with SR cold air intake. I just need a whole exhaust and don't wanna make a custom because it'll prolly cost too much. I have so many exhaust leaks from the previous owner

Z06killinsbf

Reaction score
Well race mufflers on a stockish car will still sound like a dump truck. I'd say OR X and the Bassani kit. I have the Bassani on mine with an OR H and it sounds mean.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.