quad shocks?

Stangbangin

Reaction score
I've heard that you can remove the quad shocks on your stang? will this help with launches at all and what ill effects on the street will you encounter??

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
The quad's are suppose to prevent wheel hop, and help keep the axle planted, I took them off of my 91 but have never taken them off any 94-98 I've had. On my 91 I had other parts on the rear and I wanted to run 315's on the back at one point in time and the quad's were in the way so they had to go.

ryclef331

Reaction score
They are there for one reason and one reason only. Wheel hop or "axle wrap." The stock upper and lower control arms are made of stamped steel so they will flex and deflect ALOT causing wheel hop. Quad shocks are there to slow this down. Get a set of boxed or tubular...pretty much any aftermarket control arm and it will eliminate the need for quadshocks entirely.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Get some nice control arms and ditch them, your car will lauch harder plus you can fit fatter tires out back! :pimp:

Although I have heard of people ditching them anyways with stock rear suspension but it wont help your launches in any way, might as well just keep them untill you get some LCAs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online