quarter panel replacement.

tizzle0469

Reaction score
I know this has been covered but I can't find it. Looking for a lot of detail pics of quarter panel replacement. I've seen slo five oh's build thread but I was looking for any others. Got a 94 cobra that was side swiped and I'll be replacing the panel soon. I have a donor panel already. Thanks

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You're gonna need a sport-weld drill and already a decent amount of auto body skill. That's not a small job, there's alignment issues like crazy and any secondary damage not seen from the outside will also affect this.

Basically what I'm saying is - If you need a how-to thread for this then you're not ready to do it. Well... not the right way, at least.

OP
OP
tizzle0469

tizzle0469

Reaction score
I have bodywork knowledge ive just never done a mustang quarter..im up for the challenge and ive got all the tools, just lookin for any helpful tips from someone who has done one before.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have bodywork knowledge ive just never done a mustang quarter..im up for the challenge and ive got all the tools, just lookin for any helpful tips from someone who has done one before.

Gotcha. Well you'll need a spot-weld drill, a welder, seam caulk, weld-thru primer, that's about it. The 1/4s on these cars are pretty simple compared to the newer vehicles that have the roof rail and 1/4 as one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online