Quest for MPG... lose the SCT/Bama chip?

OP
OP
C

combustor_d5

Reaction score
An update for ya, been driving the car the past couple weeks to and from work about 30 miles each way. It definitely ran better the more I drove it I'm assuming because the computer is re-learning the conditions. Last tank was pretty bad MPG I didn't bother to calculate. Since putting the timing back to 10* on the balancer (from 12*) it still pings but only rarely, I also put in new Inlet Air Temp and coolant temp sensors and those seemed to make it run a bit better too. Hopefully I get more miles out of this tank, I bought a new thermostat (nice Mr. Gasket kind) which I still need to put in as well. Not sure when I'll do the damper replacement but I noticed it does actually vibrate a bit if I feel for it while revving it in neutral, sucks :sad4:

I was definitely wrong about the J-mod didn't do my homework, I will surely do that in the future at some point. Ideally I want it to shift like the A-904 Torqueflite in my Duster, it might have a mild shift kit but even stock those transmissions shift in the snap of a finger, very quick but not harsh at all.

94IVGT

Reaction score
The sct chips work great IF youve got the right person tuning it. Like Kurgan. That is what he uses and he knows his shit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online