Question about 96+ engine in a 94-95 body

Downshift

Reaction score
Just like the title. I know anything is possible with the money but would it be that difficult to put a 4v cobra engine into a 94-95 GT? Just curious and wondering lol. thanks.

Z28 This

Reaction score
id just buy a cobra...unless you can find a really cheap cobra 4v off a wrecked cobra...or something

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
It could be done, I've seen them in Fox's and I think it would be a lot easier in a 94/95 then a fox thats for sure.

I think it would be easier to do on a fox b/c the engine bay is a lot bigger though. :dunno:

OP
OP
D

Downshift

Reaction score
I was just wondering cause I was over on another forum where they did 4v swaps into 96+ cars and was wondering if you could do it in a 94-95 without any like fabing up stuff on your own type of thing.

94gtstang50

Reaction score
I agree with Matt, the wiring would probably be a bitch to do considering the differences.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
It would be more trouble than its worth, the entire harness would have to be changed along with the computer dash Assembly and so on .................... if you want a mod car it would be better to try to buy one, you would have a ass load of money in a swap like that anyway so put it on a 96 or newer Cobra.

CY98Cobra

Reaction score
Swap should be fairly easy. You can buy a 01 Cobra motor from Ford for around $6k and it includes the motor, tranny, engine wiring harness and computer. Everything you need right there in one package.

You will need to change to a 96-04 mod motor k-member though. They are different than the 5.0l k-member used in the 94-95's. With all the people who have changed to tubular K's you shoudl be able to pick one of these up fairly cheap.

So take a high mileage 94-95 v6 with a good body for a few thousand dollars. Buy the 01 Cobra motor package from Ford and swap out k-members and rear ends. Then upgrade suspension and brakes. For a little over $10k you have a Cobra clone with a brand new motor and tranny. Not too bad in my opinion.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online

No members online now.