Question about an automatic

W

WODY281

Hey yall I got a chance to buy a 94 gt with an automatic for pretty cheap. I was just wondering what the power is like with an auto. I have a 97 GT 5spd so i've never really been into auto's. If I get it I wont be adding any power adders or cams or anything like that, maybe just minor bolt ons. I guess the question i'm asking is am I goin to get my ass handed to me by 5spd's or what? I'm not really going to race the car BUT if I do, I def don't wanna loose!!!

el docum

Reaction score
Hello,

In my opinion it's more fun to drive a manual Mustang, but I buy an automatic because there often in better shape.

It's sure that is less powerfull whit automatic because the transmission take 8-10 h.p., but if you change the gear it's not so bad, also if you drive in traffic it's more practical.

Francis

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
i dont mind my automatic, i just bought some 4:30 gears and are waiting to recieve them, i love burnouts in first gear

OP
OP
W

WODY281

Yeah your def. right about the traffic. It can wear ur leg out quick! Also i've heard the rpm's aren't as bad with gears in an auto. Do you know if thats true or not?

el docum

Reaction score
Hello,

I find the rpm OK, but I not push my GTat the limit, some of my friends install a shift kit for change speed faster, it's seem to work well.

I know a guy in my local club who got a GT 95 auto. who run 12.20 on the quarter with a Vortech, so automatic or manual, both can be fast if you spend $$$ on your car.

F.

punksable

Reaction score
i have a aode in my 95 gt, i would put a shift kit in it for sure, it has very slow granny shifts. also i would not go no higher then a 3.55 gear, one reason you car will shift at 5,000. i have 2-1995 gt's both with aode, and the one with 3.55's shifts at 5,000 where as the other shifts at 5,700 rpm. i have to hold mine manualy to shift at 5,700 rpm, if you were to put 4.10's or anything that high then it would shift in the 4,000 to 5,000 range, way too early!!! this has to do with the computer controlling the shift points. besides almost all auto's for our years came with 3.27 gears anyway. it is up to what you want, hope that helps. oh by the way i run 8.889 in the 1/8th with a aode so i am pretty happy with it.

FASTANG

Reaction score
I have a 95GT AODE - 3000rpm converter, Trans Go shift kit, 3.73's = very fun.
Now with H/C/I = we will soon find out. :banana:

Hicks

Reaction score
FASTANG said:
I have a 95GT AODE - 3000rpm converter, Trans Go shift kit, 3.73's = very fun.
Now with H/C/I = we will soon find out. :banana:

Nice car man :p

FASTANG

Reaction score
Nice car man :p
[/quote]

Thanks, I kinda like it.

J/K I couldn't imagine life w/o it.

ga94gt

Reaction score
I have 3.73 gears and a transgo shift kit. love my set up, it is awsome hearing the tires cherp in an auto

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Omg.. A 6 year old thread revive!!! Thats like the oldest I've seen on any forum, damn lol

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
when we first started the "related threads" at the bottom, this would happen once or twice a day. lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81