Question about Mac Cat-Back Exhaust

ThePope

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm having a bit of a problem here and I wanted to see if anyone can help out. I wanna get a new cat-back exhaust for my pony. I wanna get the mac cat-back part number TK9635. I wanted to know if anyone knows any place online that sells them cheap. I found 2 sites that have them for $370 w/free shipping but they both are out of stock and will not have them for a quite a few weeks. I wanted to know if anyone knows where I can get them. I'm looking for a reliable company to deal with. Thanks for you time to check out my post.

Anthony :)

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
Hmm, I was looking for a Mac exhaust before I went with SLP. It looks like American Muscle is out of them and that's the place I would usually recommend.

What I can help you with is that there will not be much difference between Mac and Flows. Some people say that Macs are louder but I think they sound VERY similar. Just a heads up before you spend 4 bills on a few pieces of pipe.

Good luck!

OP
OP
ThePope

ThePope

Reaction score
Red96GT said:
Hmm, I was looking for a Mac exhaust before I went with SLP. It looks like American Muscle is out of them and that's the place I would usually recommend.

What I can help you with is that there will not be much difference between Mac and Flows. Some people say that Macs are louder but I think they sound VERY similar. Just a heads up before you spend 4 bills on a few pieces of pipe.

Good luck!

Thanks for the input. I actually heard a 98 GT (which I have) with a bbk off road h pipe and the mac catback and I loved the sound of it. I have the same h pipe with flowmasters and im not a great fan of it. But thank you for your help :)

Pennywise2

Reaction score
After having my Mac catback for only one year I had a hole rust through my
muffler and one through my tailpipe.Mac's quality sucks if you ask me.
I replaced it with a Flowmaster catback and never had a problem after that.

ripper

Reaction score
Go with stainless. You will still get some rust on the welds but it will last 10 times longer.

voidfinger

Reaction score
Pennywise2 said:

I've had mine on for over 6 years now and it was the aluminum one and the only thing that is rusty is the welds on the muffler but its just surface rust and a little on the ends of the exuast pipe but thats exspected. Plus i've taken the car from 20k when i got them to 150k now. No problems. But weather can make a difference.

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
wickedcobra said:
Check on ebay. there are many places (stores) that sell MAC on there.

If MAC finds that you purchased your product from an Ebay dealer they will not do anything for as far as warranty goes.

voidfinger

Reaction score
well call the dealer dirrectly then and don't go threw ebay. 8)

Pennywise2

Reaction score
voidfinger said:
Pennywise2 said:

I've had mine on for over 6 years now and it was the aluminum one and the only thing that is rusty is the welds on the muffler but its just surface rust and a little on the ends of the exuast pipe but thats exspected. Plus i've taken the car from 20k when i got them to 150k now. No problems. But weather can make a difference.
Some have better luck then others with Macs' quality.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Pennywise2 said:

who need tailpipes anyway? :boink: Dump them :behind:

OP
OP
ThePope

ThePope

Reaction score
Well here is an update. I was able to find the cat-back I was looking for. Place is called Ninosport. The best part is Mac now makes there exhaust systems all stainless now. So I guess there is no more issues with rust. I spoke them them over the phone and they are very nice people to deal with. I thank everyone for their responses. :)

OP
OP
ThePope

ThePope

Reaction score
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. I got the mac catback and had it installed today. Man does it sound great. The best part is the 3.5 inch tail pipes. I'm very happy with the system and recomended it to anyone looking for a catback. I will snap some shots tomorrow to show everyone how it looks. :dancing6:

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
ThePope said:
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. I got the mac catback and had it installed today. Man does it sound great. The best part is the 3.5 inch tail pipes. I'm very happy with the system and recomended it to anyone looking for a catback. I will snap some shots tomorrow to show everyone how it looks. :dancing6:

Get us some soundclips. O0

voidfinger

Reaction score
lol red96gt, that is so funny ... its the dude that got his honda in a ditch LOLOLOLOLO ROFL :lol:

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
voidfinger said:
lol red96gt, that is so funny ... its the dude that got his honda in a ditch LOLOLOLOLO ROFL :lol:

You got it.. :boink:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online