question about seat removal?

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
hey guys i was curious how the rear seat comes out never really looked at it closely but wondering how the thing comes out ... getting ready for black carpet and once the seats are out i plan on trying to dye the seats the way i want them....anyone know what paint to use and where to get it for the seats??

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
ok if you picture two people sitting in your back seat, in the middle of each cushion where the bottom meets the carpet there is a little clip push that on both and pull out seat its almost like some headrests you have to push that button to push them down

gt96stang

Reaction score
KB said:
ok if you picture two people sitting in your back seat, in the middle of each cushion where the bottom meets the carpet there is a little clip push that on both and pull out seat its almost like some headrests you have to push that button to push them down

My clip don't work... So it's just one big yank on each spot in order to get them out.. And some cursing when I can't get them to budge.. :hammer: :hammer:

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
good luck dying your seats, the last person i saw dye their own seats ended up having all the dye come off onto their clothes as they drove the car for months.

OP
OP
T

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
good luck dying your seats, the last person i saw dye their own seats ended up having all the dye come off onto their clothes as they drove the car for months.

damn thats what i didn;t want to happen...im wanting to keep the red theme kinda but over load it with more black to basically have only the dash pad be red...i thought about just swapping black seats in but the centers are gray and that would look totally gay... and i really ...really dont want to put leather seats in the car i hate leather...but it looks like the only way i am going to get black seats

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
dont worry about it, if you do it right you will be fine. take your time and do it correctly

Mustanger

Reaction score
I took pics of the post on the seat bottom & the spring loaded clip when I finally got my seat out...I found that the seat belt buckle was the best tool to use to push in the spring loaded part while pulling up on the seat bottom. Remember it is in the center of each seating portion. Now I can do it in 10 seconds...LOL

IMG_5149-1.jpg

IMG_5136-1.jpg

OP
OP
T

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
oh wow thank you thats nice you had pictures O0

Mustanger

Reaction score
No prob...I figured more than just me would like to see exactly what they were dealing with. Like I said the seat belt buckle metal end works great on the spring loaded release.

Kornnut

Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:

Yeah dye=bad stuff. The cloth when it gets wet will bleed.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
why would the interior of his car ever get wet? lol.. i guess maybe if you jump in it after its rained all over you? good luck man!

S

scarface

Ive never hread anything good about dying seats...but maybe you will be the first :) O0

OP
OP
T

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
yeah im just debating getting black leather seats even though i dont care much for leather... i think that the dye will bleed into my clothes if i jump in the car after working and im sweaty or something that would totally piss me off...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online