Question about skinnies on the front.

fiveohsfly

Reaction score
I have a set of weld drag lites with the 15x3.5 in the front and they wont clear my brakes. It appears i need to run a spacer to get them to fit. Its on an 89 coupe with the brakes from a 96 gt. If i was to add spacers, the wheels would stick out too far for my taste. What do you guys do that run them???

94TURBO5 0

Reaction score
I had to get rid of My Cobra calipers b/c of that problem. I put on the GT brakes you have now and used a 7/16" spacer. I also had to do some grinding on the caliper crossbar, but that's how most people do it or get some Aerospace calipers.

OP
OP
F

fiveohsfly

Reaction score
ok, so they wont fit without some mods. i wanted to make sure I was not going crazy. what if you run the 4" wide rims, do you still need spacers??? I believe they have the 2.25" backspacing or 2.5"

95 Sleeper

Reaction score
That is the reason I bought Bogarts for my car because they will clear my Cobra brakes

blackfang

Reaction score
If they are 96 GT brakes, then a 7/16 spacer will work. You can also get MM hubcentric spacers that are safer.

OP
OP
F

fiveohsfly

Reaction score
thanks for the tips guys. AND the compliments!!! You guys have some deadly looking sn95s too, almost enough to make me want one :p

S

scarface

I know its off Topic, and I dont have an answer to your question. I just want to say Ive always hated the styling of the boxbodied mustangs, but I love yours! It makes me think about getting rid of mine for a notch! :)

ryclef331

Reaction score
fiveohsfly said:
thanks for the tips guys. AND the compliments!!! You guys have some deadly looking sn95s too, almost enough to make me want one :p

all he needs is a 7/16" spacer. They don't make a hubcentric THAT small. I run it on mine. No grinding on the cross bar neccessary but depending on how much meat you got on your pad will determine if you need to. 15x4 or 15x3.5....makes no diff.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online