Question about Springs And Shocks

ThePope

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Pretty soon I am going to be replacing my spring and shocks in my 98 pony. Iminterested in dropping it a inch or 2. I wanted to know what kind of setup everyone has or what do you recommend. I dont wanna slam it to the floor like a shitty honda but looking for a nice clean drop. Thanks for the time to read my post.

Anthony :)

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
ThePope said:
Hello everyone. Pretty soon I am going to be replacing my spring and shocks in my 98 pony. Iminterested in dropping it a inch or 2. I wanted to know what kind of setup everyone has or what do you recommend. I dont wanna slam it to the floor like a shitty honda but looking for a nice clean drop. Thanks for the time to read my post.

Anthony :)
I am going to get Fox body 4 cyl front springs and Fox body GT rear springs as well as drag struts and shocks made for the Fox body Mustang.

voidfinger

Reaction score
Well i'll ride this poney too if you don't mind and some info in here to if you want it :)

I got the eibach prokit springs on mine and the guy i got it from cut an extra coil off and its too low. so some questions

1) what would be the difference of the ford C springs that i can get for 140 from cj pony parts vs. a set of new eibach pro kit spings...
This is in regards to ride quality and drop.

The mag said the c springs would drop my car 1 1/8" front and 3/4" in the rear, but the prokit said 1 1/2" to 2" drop.

2) Which would have the better ride quality with my kyb gr2 shocks and struts ?

3) I would like a small rake to the car... i know the c springs deliver that but what about the eibach... right now my car sets the same front to back, but its way way to low.

O and ThePope, if your dropping your 94-98 the for sure get some fox shochs and struts or you will buying a lot of replacement ones when you bust them from bottoming out too much . Good luck and thanks for the responces.

S

scarface

I had KYB adjustables, and Eibach sportlines :)
newpics-17.jpg

voidfinger

Reaction score
yea , thats a little to low for me. I'm looking to raise it up... since i got that killer convertable k member brace. My car sits about the same as yours but i only have 1 1/2 or 2 inches of ground clearance from the k member brace. looks good though, but i'm just tired of cleaning squirrle and shit off it. plus the shit stinks. but o well.

voidfinger

Reaction score
now i like that, wish they had the drag springs in the 100's lol.

It still seems a bit low in the front, did you not use isolators?

S

scarface

voidfinger said:
now i like that, wish they had the drag springs in the 100's lol.

It still seems a bit low in the front, did you not use isolators?
I think it is the elevation there, I could get four fingers between the tire and fender.

OP
OP
ThePope

ThePope

Reaction score
Thanks for the all the info everyone. I actually decided on a setup im going to do. Thanks again for the input.

voidfinger

Reaction score
i gots some questions... what would be different if i took a eibach prokit for the general 86-04 mustang gt and put it on my 98 vert??? would it sit weird or something? i saw they sell vert kits but i've found a company that gets eibach to make "their" spring and its the same as the one above but only 169. ??

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
what company re you talking about?

and i believe the spring rates between a coupe and convertible are different so a convertible on coupe springs will sit lower than it would on a coupe, and vice versa.

voidfinger

Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
what company re you talking about?

and i believe the spring rates between a coupe and convertible are different so a convertible on coupe springs will sit lower than it would on a coupe, and vice versa.

It's cj pony parts... so will it looked f'ed up if i put the coup springs on the vert or will it sit lower the same all around, i jus don't want the ass end sticking up high or the front either .... thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online