Question about tire fitment

Iceman12

Reaction score
hey guys, just had a quick question about tires. I'm planning on starting to buy a new set of rims next week one by one. I'm gunna get 9" fronts and 10.5" DD grey bullets for the back. I was wondering what rubber fits these best, and if I will have to wrry about any rubbing issues. An opinion from Zimm would be great if he sees this, cause he has a cobra with those size rims on it. I've heard 315's for the back and 275's up front form other forums, but they are all talking about new edge stangs. I just want to make sure I won;t have any issues when I go to put the shiny new rims on. Thanks. 8)

ps, totally off topic, but how do u put a pic in yout sig, i couldn't see how, but i also didn;t put much time/thought into it.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
315's should work fine for you, I had them on my 98 I just sold with 10.5 deep dish bullitts and they looked killer. For the front 275 is a little wide for my taste but should work fine, a better choice I think would be 245 or 255's.

Suspect

Reaction score
i agree with both these guys. 275 is a bit much, but 265 is perfect up front. looks good and doesnt rub. for 10.5 mos def a 315.

OP
OP
I

Iceman12

Reaction score
cool thanks guys, btw, what brand/type of tires do u run, I've done some hunting trying to find sets, but nothing screams out to me. I'm running BFG KDW's now, but the biggest they make those in 17" is 285, and they don;t have a 265, just 255, and 275.

redripper

Reaction score
Also depends on rim size! If they are 18's they with 315 they may rub the tail pipes (if you have them) other than that they are okay. 275 for the front is to big I have them on the front of my car and its a little squirly on the freeway but great on the back roads 265 is the best choice for the front.

COBRAGUY

Reaction score
I have 19inch Auto Art's on mine ......8.5 in front .....10.5 in rear ........... no problems with anything ! :thumb:

Cobra456hp

Reaction score
275 Nitto ZR's on 17x9.5 up front. Modifications done, I like the fat, low, wide look of my tires from the front. Its very noticable when coming at you. But I agree that most of you should run smaller tires though.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
COBRAGUY said:
I have 19inch Auto Art's on mine ......8.5 in front .....10.5 in rear ........... no problems with anything ! :thumb:
Pics!? I really wanted 19s but was rushing my self when I was looking didnt find may styles I liked.

COBRAGUY

Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
COBRAGUY said:
Pics!? I really wanted 19s but was rushing my self when I was looking didnt find may styles I liked.

new to this , not sure on how to do pictures ?

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
COBRAGUY said:
Matt94GT said:
COBRAGUY said:

new to this , not sure on how to do pictures ?

Click the reply button at the bottom of the thread, then you will see Additional Options... and in there you will see where u can attach a pic

COBRAGUY

Reaction score
These are my old 19's

[attachment deleted by admin] SORRY RAN OUT OF ROOM, RE-UPLOAD IF YOU WISH!

COBRAGUY

Reaction score
How is this ?

COBRAGUY

Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
click on the pic it makes it larger its just a thumbnail

I LOVE it by the way man, looks so wicked, my new wallpaper!!

Thanks man , I got some other wheels on the way .... had a problem with the clear on these !

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online