Question for you Vert People

Monday

Reaction score
I have looked and cannot find a post that was discussing/recommending a protectant/restorer; I need something other than 'RVP' for my roof.

Can someone tell me what they have found to be the best product for their convertible roof?

Thanks...

apsmith49921

Reaction score
I have looked and cannot find a post that was discussing/recommending a protectant/restorer; I need something other than 'RVP' for my roof.

Can someone tell me what they have found to be the best product for their convertible roof?

Thanks...
303 aerospace protectant hands down the best thing I've used. Give the top a nice semi shiny black look

Attachments

• 20210526_175451.jpg
    20210526_175451.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 11

TrickVert

Reaction score
Another vote for Aerospace 303 protectant. Be sure to follow the directions, though, and wipe it down with a dry cloth after application otherwise, rain can make it streak down paint. (I discovered this when using it on the tonneau cover on my truck. Which reminds me....)

I've occasionally used a specific convertible top cleaner (can't recall the brand at the moment), but since the car is driven rarely and stored under cover, cleaning other than dust removal is not usually required.

mustang1996gt

Reaction score
what material are our tops made out of? Bc mine is a sail like material doesn't seem to be made off cloth nor leather but more of a vinyl type. was wondering if its stock or if it has been changed.

TrickVert

Reaction score
GT tops and cobras through '02 are/were vinyl. 03/04 Cobras got cloth. (I am STILL kicking myself for not upgrading to the cloth top when I had a shot at one years ago for $300.) :(

OpalFrostGT

Reaction score
After sailing for many years, I always wondered why Kevlar hasn't been used for convertible tops? Lasts forever. Yes, initial cost is high, but if you can use it for sails...why wouldn't it be great for your car?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online