Question on 98-04 fuel systems?

st4ng07

Reaction score
This summer Im planning to purchase a pi engine. And I was doing some research on it, and I noticed it had a different fuel system. It doesnt have return line on the fuel. and it uses some different voltage regulator on the pump. Since my fuel system wont hook up to this one is it possible to swap my fuel rails? Or should I just go with a pi swap. THe reason I didnt want to do a pi swap is because, I wanted a newer engine, didnt want the high compression, and plan to install cams and longtube headers. If I were to convert to the newer fuel system I would have to get all new lines, fuel tank, fuel pump and such.

Adam

Reaction score
You can bolt a PI engine into a 96-98 car and be done. You don't need to change a thing. Just use all your stuff on the PI engine and you will be fine. No fuel system changes are neccesary. ;)

OP
OP
S

st4ng07

Reaction score
Are you positive? The fuel line fitting is ok and everything because the newer pi engines have no return line?

whty98

Reaction score
All you do is swap the fuel lines from your old engine onto the PI engine, same mounting places.

OP
OP
S

st4ng07

Reaction score
Thats what I was hoping I would be able to do. Thanks alot guys. Now just time to get some more $$$ :banana:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online