Question on AC lines

ma97gt

Reaction score
Well went to charge the AC on my 97 and one of the lines has a hole in it. Its the line that runs from the condenser to the evaporator. Its the lower one on passnegr side closest to the header. Think it was laying on the header and got melted..

Are the AC lines the same betweem the 6 cyl and V-8'? And are they same between 94-95 to 96-98's?? Want to go to JY and see if I can find one, getting warm herein GA and need AC..

OP
OP
M

ma97gt

Reaction score
Thanks man,,,

Went to Advance auto to see if they could get it and what ya know they could. New w/orffice tube for $30..... Hopefully get this AC charged up and ride in some cold air when it'a botu 100* outside...

voidfinger

Reaction score
i'm not going to ruin the thing since i don't dout that the thing will work but i have never had happy endings out of anything that came out the doors at advance auto...........man that is some of the cheapest crap. I always buy ford or go to napa now, plus i use to work at napa in a machine shop....that was my favorite job. o well.

OP
OP
M

ma97gt

Reaction score
I can't complain about Advance,, have bought allot of parts from them and never had any problems. I have gotten everything from steering gear boxes to radiator's,. Nappa is way HIGH on their prices, not saying they don't have good parts, but way too high. Autozone parts is the one I have problems with. Had to replace the fuel pump in my sisters Tahoe 2 different times with their pumps.. Only reason I didn't go somewhere else, is the pump has a lifetime warranty... Atleast they did swap them out both times..

voidfinger

Reaction score
yea i replaced my water pump a total of 3 times. Till finaly i told them that they can pay me back for the 3rd one and then they could pay for it being replaced by ford with a new ford one. They tried to get out of it by saying that it wasn't the pumps and i said.....look, the pump is freaken locked up and the third one i installed was starting to get tight , since it was about to do it too. Got two batteries from there and within 4 months...dead. Gotten an altinator from there and within 6 months. it died. Took my old one to a repair shot and got it rebuilt. Bought 8 autolight double plat. spark plugs and 3 where fouled from the box for some reason.

Need i go on.....I guess i'm just cursed with bad luck from those people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online