question on current mods and new mods

Adam

Reaction score
Not a member at Stangnutz so I'll respond here. Your biggest obstacle in that car is weight. It weighs close to 3600lbs with driver, meaning you need quite a few mods just to get you to be able to keep up with a stock auto GT of the same year. Verts are nice but they are barges. Weight reduction is cheaper than mods. I would ditch what you can live without, then see where you are. No offense but its going to take some real mods to make that car fast (Cams LT headers etc) . They just weigh too much. I have a friend who stripped his automatic 96 vert down to a shell, and with 270rwhp and close to 300rwtq and a built 4R70W, he only ran 13.23. Thats just how heavy those cars are. Verts are for cruising, not for racing. I see verts as very easy prey on the street. :) Like I said you can throw all those petty ante little mods and your going to be very dissapointed. 1st thing is put 4:10's in it. That will net you the biggest bang for the buck.

Adam

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Adam said:
Not a member at Stangnutz so I'll respond here. Your biggest obstacle in that car is weight. It weighs close to 3600lbs with driver, meaning you need quite a few mods just to get you to be able to keep up with a stock auto GT of the same year. Verts are nice but they are barges. Weight reduction is cheaper than mods. I would ditch what you can live without, then see where you are. No offense but its going to take some real mods to make that car fast (Cams LT headers etc) . They just weigh too much. I have a friend who stripped his automatic 96 vert down to a shell, and with 270rwhp and close to 300rwtq and a built 4R70W, he only ran 13.23. Thats just how heavy those cars are. Verts are for cruising, not for racing. I see verts as very easy prey on the street. :) Like I said you can throw all those petty ante little mods and your going to be very dissapointed. 1st thing is put 4:10's in it. That will net you the biggest bang for the buck.

Adam

what he said :dancing6:

OP
OP

97vertstang

Reaction score
wow, its gonna be harder since has 18'' saleens a light bar and a sub box in the trunk!!!!!i keep telling him to go 4.10s but one of his friends keeps telling him to go 3.73s.

OP
OP

97vertstang

Reaction score
he wanted to install some comp cams but he got quoted for $1000 for the install itself :eek: .so next is probably foing to be some 3.73s.he has a pretty big sound system dont know exactly what but will u/d pulleys hurt charging since he has a system???

ALITL8

Reaction score
97vertstang said:
he has a pretty big sound system dont know exactly what but will u/d pulleys hurt charging since he has a system???

it could! you can always install them and if there is a charging problem you can reinstall the factory alternator pulley. i'm going to have my battery checked before i make the decision to go back to the stock alternator. ive had it drain pretty quick on me 3 times since the pulley swap but i also had a battery go bad on me in one of my other vehicles. they were bought around the same time so who knows :dunno:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online