Questions about methanol

Witzy0070

Reaction score
I've done some research on methanol injection and with my current supercharged set up I am pretty set on ordering a Snow's Performance Stage 1 (20001). My tuner recommended a intercooler or meth kit. From what I understand on my car (1996 Cobra) there's no pre-made intercooler set ups.

I was wanting to use my washer fluid container to store methanol. My question is, after extensive Googling, how hard is it to install this methanol kit? Could I do it in an afternoon? Any tips or advice? Tools? I'm bringing my car to Dyno Dan (VP of sales at Dynojet) in a few weeks for a tune and would be buying the kit in the next few days. I could possibly make a write up for the install.

I have decent mechanical skills and experience with a fair amount of tools. Just put a slave cylinder in my Bronco. Internal transmission design...

Thanks!

aces ST

Reaction score
I would look at the stage 2 kit. IIRC the stage 2 has a progressive spray and the 1 does not. On the install I'm not sure.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
We have a dealer for snow on here that hooked a few of us up last year and is great for questions. I can say as a complete amature under the hood it is a really simple install. Just run some hose and light wiring and its no big deal.

Addermk2

Reaction score
You should do some research and add an air to air intercooler. Running pipes isn't exactly difficult, itll just take some time.

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
Q) I was wanting to use my washer fluid container to store methanol.
A) We have many customers who use their stk. windshield washer reservoir and that's why we include a bung in the kit for that purpose.

Q) how hard is it to install this methanol kit?
A) It depends on your skill level with simple hand tools. The hardest part is where to locate the reservoir and pump. If you use your stk. windshield washer reservoir then you should mount the pump inside the inner fender-well underneath your reservoir. I like to see the pump be fed by gravity flow.

Q) Could I do it in an afternoon?
A) Depends on your skill level but I usually tell first timers to set aside at least 6 to 8 hours to do it correctly.

Q) Any tips or advice?
A) Read the instructions twice. Any customers of mine can call me 7 days a week from 9AM to 9PM EST.

Q) Tools?
A) You'll need hand tools (socket, wrench) to mount the pump, controller. Solder gun and wire strippers for your electrical. And a drill bit to mount your nozzle.

There is a price increase (3-5%) across the board on all Snow Performance parts effective March 1, 2015. And Snow Performance is releasing their new plug-n-play systems. Meaning no drilling, minimum wiring (only power and ground) for you pump and controller but those kits won't be ready to ship until April 2015.

I hope this helps
Michael Plummer

cameron57

Reaction score
Just to clarify theres a big difference between water meth and straight meth.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
My water meth kit was fairly easy to install. Think between my dad and I we did it in an afternoon.

OP
OP
Witzy0070

Witzy0070

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your time and advice, however I've decided to go the route of N20.

I know, I am that guy. But after talking to my tuner and deciding what I want out of my car nitrous seems to be the way to go.

Either way I plan on making a write up!

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
Q) Thank you everyone for your time and advice.
A) You're welcome.

Q) however I've decided to go the route of N20.
A) Awesome, I love Nitrous and can't wait to use my Nitrous Express kit this spring.

Q) Either way I plan on making a write up!
A) Looking forward to reading all about it.

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
run both. Meth will help with safety, nitrous will add gobs of power

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online