questions on a 4v build

Dwhitzdad

Reaction score
I am new to the mod motors and I have a lot of questions any help would be great. A little history on what I'm wanting to build. I have a 97 black GT with a 2v 4.6. I am wanting to build a 4v to put in the car I have a lot of different parts for this build. I have a 01 mach 1 WAP block I have a set of 97 4v cobra heads with the front cover plate and intake . I have a forged cobra crank. I have not picked up my rods or pistons yet. I am going with forged rods and pistons because I will be adding a sc to the car later down the road. My question is will all of this go together will the heads fit on the Mach1 block. I want to start this build ASAP I have looked on line and I have found that the WAP block is good for 800hp I don't plan on going over 600hp. I have not found much info if this head and block combination will work. Any and all info will be helpful. My other plans for my mustang is to add sub frame connectors install an IRS rear suspension and to add coil overs to the front.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, the heads will fall right into place happily on the block.

As far as pistons and such, that all depends on whether or not you clearance everything.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99